Notices

Day one again... Wired withdrawal! Info???

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
K66
Sober Date March 19, 2018 *One Day At A Time*

Day one again... Wired withdrawal! Info???

Back again... Heavy daily vodka drinker 31 year old woman 106lbs at 4"11. I have a dr appt tomorrow at 11:00am... I only have three 5mg diazepam left but my skin is super prickly and sensitive my bladder feels heavy, shakes, clammy skin that come in waves... Feels like pins and needles... I am at the 24 hour mark I'm very lightly sipping on a vodka water 1 glass I haven't hardly touched... Just to keep the shakes at bay... Has anyone else had these symptoms... The only time the prickles go away is if I'm drunk... Help!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have concerns, the best thing is to go to the ER or call your doctor. Withdrawals are unpredictable. You can get through this.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back K66. I would echo Anna's recommendation - if you feel you cannnot make it until your DR appt tomorrow go to the ER or urgent care.

What you are experiencing is withdrawals of course and many of us have had the same symptoms. They can be unpredictable, and if you are a daily binge drinker they can be potentially very dangerous. It's best to be safe...do you have anyone close that knows what's going on?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
K66

Everyone in my life knows... But I live alone... I slept last night and woke up with the shakes and sweating and the pins and needles it's weird clammy feet though... 😓
Old 04-12-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I would suggest calling someone you know that lives close-by so they can check up on you at the very least. You could also call the hospital where you have the appointment scheduled and ask them if they think you should come in sooner. You could also call your local AA hotline - they know exactly what to do in situations like this to direct you to the right place locally.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I assume from the title you've been down this road before. Withdrawals are horrible, though that's good you have a docs appointment tomorrow. Hang in there, and hopefully this will be the last time you ever have to go through this.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad your seeing your Dr. tomorrow. Sounds like you are experiencing withdraw, I wish you the best.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
K66

Thank you very much guys. It's hard but I'm trying... I just hate these feelings... The anxiety.. Depression.. The pins and needles... Feeling like my bladder is going to fall out which obviously doesn't feel great for the love life... At least I have my anxiety medication to help... Also my nerves are shot.. Everything spooks me... And by day 3 I'll be easily irritated and jumpy the longest I've gone was 10 days... I just hate this disease... I wish I had control... 😓😓
Old 04-12-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back K66 - let us know what the doctor says

I wish I had control...
of your desires you mean?

Change is a process - the more you make healthy decisions, the more you'll change in healthy ways.

If you're craving, come here and post - we'll help you through it

D
Old 04-12-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by K66 View Post
Thank you very much guys. It's hard but I'm trying... I just hate these feelings... The anxiety.. Depression.. The pins and needles... Feeling like my bladder is going to fall out which obviously doesn't feel great for the love life... At least I have my anxiety medication to help... Also my nerves are shot.. Everything spooks me... And by day 3 I'll be easily irritated and jumpy the longest I've gone was 10 days... I just hate this disease... I wish I had control... 😓😓
Many, if not most of us, myself included, have been exactly where you are right now. We made it though, so can you. What I have tried to do is embrace the times when I felt like you feel right now, and file the memory close at hand, so that I NEVER forget. My instant recall of those feelings, the fear, the anxiety, whenever I have thoughts about drinking, have REALLY helped in my recovery. They can for you too!

For now, please be safe and don't hesitate to get medical attention if it gets too bad before you can see your doctor. We're all pulling for you.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep talking here - you dont need to exist like this ever again - you can feel better in your mind, body and soul - every time you feel cravings post here - it really helps.

Glad you are seeing a doc

Last edited by madgirl; 04-12-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Redundancy