Notices

I feel like I'm slowly dying

Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like I'm slowly dying

I can't make it past 70 hours. I feel like my life is falling apart.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LexiStrength

Yes you can. And you will.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you had a physical checkup? Maybe need to do a detox- supervised regime.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You may feel that way and I think most everyone here has at some point, but you can make it. Don't do it alone. Get help in your struggle.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you definitely can.

you may - as others have suggested - need medical help....

but you can.

you only need to CHOOSE sobriety and then support that choice with any and every ACTION you need in order to honor and stick to it.

and as you do, instead of feeling like you're slowly dying, you will very soon begin to feel like you are slowly being reborn.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You absolutely can make it! Have you tried to attend AA or another solid support structure to help you on your journey?
Old 03-13-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I too believe that you can I needed to want sobriety more than I wanted the drink. My body and my mind cannot process alcohol like other people - I don't have an "off" switch. I needed to engage in counseling in addition to checking in on SR. For me, I've also found AA helpful. Just sitting in a room full of people who are very much like me makes me feel better
Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi BB, why can't you make it past 70 hrs?
Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I thought for sure I was dying...it was the addiction talking. Please seek medical help if needed.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You definitely can do this, and since you are posting here it shows that you want this.

Have you considered a rehab program? If you are struggling with withdrawals you can see your doctor about a detox, and then have them help direct you to rehab from there.

Please check in and let us know how you are.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Like others here, I too understand and have felt the same way! You can make it, and you will be okay. What I find helps me is getting vitamins and nutrition, especially the B vitamins, eating good healthy foods, staying hydrated, also chamomile tea helps the anxiety/insomnia. You may need to see a doctor for a medical detox and AA and/or counseling. I know it's difficult and it feels like there is no end in sight, but there definitely is if you want it. Make choices and don't be afraid to ask for help. SR is a very supportive community, I have learned. Stay strong, and you will feel better sober.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We know how hard this is. You are going to yucky in very early sobriety.
And you also might feel like you are going crazy and jumping out of your skin, which is a very yucky way to feel. But if you stick with it you WILL start to feel better. Hang in there. We are with you!!
Old 03-13-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A lot of us have been there, BabyBlues; there's no denying that it's a scary place to be, but you can absolutely get past it!

I thought I was knocking on death's door for a good 8 months straight at the end of my drinking. I was SURE I was going to die, and gave in to that notion many, many times. I was jobless, penniless, homeless, lost my friends, my family didn't want anything to do with me, etc. I had nothing and no one - not even hope at that point.

I have all of that and so much more today because after failing SO MANY times, I did not give up. I kept trying to get past an hour, 12 hours, 24 hours, and so on until I had a week, a month, six months, etc.

It IS possible! And even if you fail, you don't HAVE to give up! If you're still hanging on, even by a thread, you've got a chance to tackle this! Keep at it and one day you WILL get past your plateau.

We are all rooting for you. Hang in there, and let us know how you're doing.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Baby Blues

what are you doing to help yourself not drink?

D
Old 03-14-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi BB, why can't you make it past 70 hrs?
Poor willpower?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Baby Blues

what are you doing to help yourself not drink?

D
Sadly, nothing . I feel like I am on this awful merry-go-round and can't get off. I need my life back.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi BabyBlues, I totally understand where you're coming from. I've not been able to make just 3 days sober of late. But keep reading and posting. We will get our lives back in some order if we keep fighting for it. Big hugs xxx
Old 03-14-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BabyBlues2 View Post
Poor willpower?
Well, I believe you do have the willpower, you just haven't found it yet. If willpower alone is not enough, can you get professional help? Do you want professional help?

No matter what never quit trying. We are capable of doing so much more than we think we are. Its true.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Well, I believe you do have the willpower, you just haven't found it yet. If willpower alone is not enough, can you get professional help? Do you want professional help?

No matter what never quit trying. We are capable of doing so much more than we think we are. Its true.
It's also that I feel terrible when I try to quit, so I always end up just drinking to feel better. Like right now for instance - it has been almost 9 hours since my last drink and I am horribly nauseous. The thought of drinking has been floating in and out of my head, just so I will feel better (temporarily, I suppose). I have been drinking a ton of water and eating to try to help, but it does not seem to be working. I guess time is the only thing that will heal.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

drinking is MAKING you sick. yes, you will have a few days of discomfort when you stop, but then you NEVER EVER have to feel like that again.

if you can make it 1 hour, you can make it 100.
if you can make it 70 hours, you make it 700.

one hour at a time. one breath at a time. life is still here just waiting for you!