Notices

Day 30 struggle!

Old 03-02-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 30 struggle!

Hi everybody! I haven't posted in a while. I've gotten back to sobriety again. I'm at 1 month sober today. I feel a lot better physically and now mentally starting to feel better, not as foggy headed and AS fatigued. But, I'm feeling the cravings and urges to drink come back. I'm not going to, but it's just how I'm feeling. Boredom seems to be a huge trigger for me. I'm trying to be healthier and take care of myself. I started trying to eat healthier, take my vitamins and drink more water, light exercising. I'm not really the AA type ( tried it but have never committed to it) but I'm doing my best personally.It also helps not to think about it every single day that I am sober. I guess realizing today was a milestone kind of provoked the urge to drink. I'm still dealing with anxiety and depression. And I'm ranting/venting here now. I guess I could use encouragement or feedback. I don't want to go back to drinking because it was horrible. But at the same time it's like it's something I miss. I know that does and doesn't make sense. I'm just getting feelings out 😊
Old 03-02-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 30 days sober! I think it's normal to have cravings in the early days, and you're doing great to get through this. I wonder if you've added anything to your life that you really enjoy? I think you have to find things to do that bring satisfaction and joy to your life.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

Good. Keep being aware of your feelings and they will pass. All this is to be expected. It's how getting better feels like before feeling better. Well done. Keep doing the little things that don't add to the accumulated miseries. Let the old ones pass.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not post here a little more regularly for a while jbrandon? join the Class of March 2017 support thead?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-one-4.html

D
Old 03-02-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on thirty days brandon. It is hard but it is so worth it. Wishing you the best pal.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's amazing how a bad thing can turn into greatness

Awesome brendon 30 days is great.
I do know how you feel as I'm thinking of beer even as I write this but keep going mate .
We will be better off in the long run as to me anxiety and depression is the worst and alcohol is the cause so I'm keeping off the drink to rid myself of those feelings.
It's hard though but we have to be strong and patience will pay off plus the support of this site so just keep coming back.
It's great here I've learnt a lot from the forums here.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days. In the early days even at day 30 that milestone I had a really bad cravings and even bought a bottle(DIDNT DRINK IT)since then my cravings have been less and less everyday I have now made it 60days and I'm so glad I didn't mess it up . Anything sober is better than we were! I am also not an AAer but getting a support system and a lot of SR helps a ton also listing to sobriety podcasts you can do this keep coming back
Old 03-02-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days! I myself am on Day 26 myself and had worse cravings tonight than I have had in days. Keep telling yourself that it is a wave, and it will pass in a few min. Remember that it is the AV talking. Wishing you the best of luck.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi jmb87. I'm at 30 days too, and I get it. I've also got the anxiety/depression thing to contend with. One thing that helps me is making lists -- to-do lists, lists of things I don't miss about drinking, lists of ways life is better now, stuff like that.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi JM,

I'm on my 22nd day. Reading this forum has really helped me to stay focused on my sobriety. The one saying that I have seen several times that really helps me when I think about having a drink is "play the tape forward"

Stay Strong!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done JM!

Keep powering through.

I didn't used to post much here, but after some prompting I've been doing a bit more and it really helps me.

Just reading posts seems to be half the story. Maybe it will help you? And congratulations on 30 days!

Best wishes,
Bruce.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by jmbrandon87 View Post
I'm not really the AA type
heres a chip for ya anyhow

great job !!!