The phone call....

Old 11-30-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The phone call....

I knew it was coming....my neighbor picked him up and he wanted to come home - he called and asked me if he could and I said "No, you cannot come home". He tried to tell me that he would go to the hospital in the morning - I said "No, because I found another stash and you will drink when you come home tonight, you can't come home".

And again, "but the girls have their thing tonight...."

"I will be there for the girls, please - stop worrying about what is going to happen to us and for once go take care of yourself! We will be fine, I got this!"...

"Okay, I will do that....."

Now - off to appointments and a night of fun with my girls!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good going!!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are like Atlas right now - with the world on your shoulders....and you make it look EASY!

I hope you can find some time for you - to do things that make you happy, and that you are getting plenty of rest, exercise, nutrition , all that! You deserve some peace!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
You are like Atlas right now - with the world on your shoulders....and you make it look EASY!

I hope you can find some time for you - to do things that make you happy, and that you are getting plenty of rest, exercise, nutrition , all that! You deserve some peace!
Thanks Firebolt I hope I can rest easy tonight! One more function with the girls and I will be done for the night!!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

KTT - I have been lurking again on SR and after reading your past few threads I'm banging my head and am in that OMG it's me feeling.

You are doing the same things that I am slowly working on...hiding money away, knowing that he is not reliable, having a plan b....praying for the crazy train to stop.

I know what it is to wish he would just go away and get help so I could sleep and manage my home and kids in peace.

Sending you hugs and understanding...
Old 11-30-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkinganewpath View Post
KTT - I have been lurking again on SR and after reading your past few threads I'm banging my head and am in that OMG it's me feeling.

You are doing the same things that I am slowly working on...hiding money away, knowing that he is not reliable, having a plan b....praying for the crazy train to stop.

I know what it is to wish he would just go away and get help so I could sleep and manage my home and kids in peace.

Thank you. It is truly exhausting! Wishing you all the best as well.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to hold the line KTT!!! That little powerful word "no" starts to get easier and easier to say.

Enjoy your peace and hugs your girls!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkinganewpath View Post

So much this!!!^^^
Old 11-30-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you! I had a similar story - one thing I regret the most is trying to find rehab for AXH and driving around for hours with him, drunk/high out of his mind and my son, who had to whiteness all that. I did not want to call the police, or for him to die....several rehabs turned us around because he was intoxicated.

So I dropped him in ER around 1am, and then had to pick him up around 6am when he was "out of the woods". I then drove him to rehab.

He proceeded not to sign if oration release, and had an audacity to give them his drunken lady friends phone number as his "wife". So it was very fascinating when the staff was claiming that I just called and said this and that when it was the drunk chick lol. He was "dismissed" from rehab a few days later and when I called to check in they said - well he left with you don't you remember? My heart dropped and I raced to son's school. He was ok thank god. I grabbed him and raced to ATM and took all the cash out and went in and changed account numbers. I felt like I was running from the law.

Looking back I should have just dumped him by the locked psych ward (or, better yet, asked his sponsor to do it) and started living my life right after that

I know exactly the relief you talk about - it was totally "yay I won't see him for a while".

You are doing the right thing, and your kids are lucky to have you