Notices

Tunnel vision/eyes 'un-focused'

Old 11-21-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tunnel vision/eyes 'un-focused'

I think my last beer was a week ago tonight(6.5days?).. I know we're not allowed to give medical advice. I'm just looking for others experience's. I've had a severe head cold the past 4-5 days so, I'm trying to contribute some of this feeling to that but, then I google withdrawl symptoms and see what I'm dealing with could also be alcohol related...
I went through the cold/sweats, bad sleep,ect the first 3days. Yesterday morning(day5) I started to the store for a pack of smokes and as soon as I stood up I had major vertigo! Almost so bad that I was afraid to drive. Last night I went to a non-drinking friend of mines house across town,just to get out,watch the game and play some video games. I ended up crashing on his couch because it was late. Wake up early, to head home and stopped for gas. When I got out of my car to pump the gas...vertigo..Driving home I had major tunnel vision,except my eyes seemed to not be able to focus. Thus giving me MAJOR anxiety! Anyone ever have this happen when first quitting? Once home, I showered and felt fine,except for my head still feeling like a giant balloon from the head cold. I still made my AA meeting!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I couldn't focus my eyes very well for the first couple of months after my last drink.
But, I had crashed through a building and hit my head (again).
If you are not better soon, best to see your doctor.
Good luck to you,
and stay sober,
M-Bob
Old 11-21-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
I couldn't focus my eyes very well for the first couple of months after my last drink.
But, I had crashed through a building and hit my head (again).
If you are not better soon, best to see your doctor.
Good luck to you,
and stay sober,
M-Bob
Part of my plan is to not drink(ever) and give myself until Jan for my body to get back to as normal as possible. Then go in and get a full checkup,tests,whatever done. I haven't been to an actual Dr in over 12yrs(no insurance,not that I'd have gone with it) and I'm at that age where I need to start keeping an eye on things.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

With that kind of eye trouble, especially when driving, I think I'd see a Dr now, DR - just to make sure all is well.

D
Old 11-21-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Agree with Dee, DR. Vertigo is no joke. Go see a physician, maybe a clinic?
Old 11-21-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think i'll wait until this head cold clears up. After taking some dayquil I've been fine all day,minus my "giant head" feeling,which has lessened throughout the day as well. I think I've been through a whole box of tissue today,already.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Okay, maybe the vertigo is cold-related. But doctor soon, okay? Be honest about how much you were drinking. Physicians have heard it all. He/she could be helpful.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Okay, maybe the vertigo is cold-related. But doctor soon, okay? Be honest about how much you were drinking. Physicians have heard it all. He/she could be helpful.
Yeah.. I'm going to be 100% honest. I'm sure they'll be able to tell by my liver test and such.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best to get checked out DontRemember, at least then you'll have peace of mind!!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Woke up this morning thinking "great..another day of vertigo and feeling like crap".. To my surprise, when I got out of bed, my head felt 'light'. Can still feel some congestion but,it's 95% better than 3 days ago. I have to say, this is my first day waking up feeling sober and good. Day 7.. Damn head cold had me thinking I would never feel the effects of sobriety.. Now to shower and go to my AA meeting. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job dontremember on demonstrating willingness to get to your aa meeting

willingness is the key