Notices

New..on day two

Old 11-19-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New..on day two

Hi guys. 30 year old female here. This disease has spiraled quickly in the last year. From having a few drinks a few nights a week (occasionally going a bit hard) to full on 5+ day benders. Then quitting for a couple weeks then right back at it. Just finished 30 days sober and felt great, decided let's celebrate by going out which turned into drinking 9 days straight. (4-7 drinks a night...wine usually sometimes vodka. I'm on day two and this is my bottom. I was lying and secretly hiding bottles from my man. I'm done. My anxiety yesterday was through the roof. Even was going to go to ER after I read about withdrawal but my boyfriend said my symptoms weren't severe enough, it was my anxiety making me think things. Took my BP and was fine. Today I'm irritable and haven't eaten much just vitamins water Gatorade. I'm going to a clinic first thing Monday morning for evaluation. Told my family and close friends I am in no control and need to quit completely. Ready for my sober life...I'm so much happier. Just looking for some opinions and vent to people who may understand .
Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you can commit to your sobriety so that the spiral stops. It's an insidious disease that only gets worse.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to SR Virgostar and congratulations on your decision to quit alcohol.

Drawing up a plan of things to door people to call on when the urge to drink kicks in is a good idea Vs
Old 11-19-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Virgostar, this is definitely a good place to be

Please introduce yourself on the Class of November thread in this forum, we are all fighting the battle this month and the support network is fantastic
Old 11-19-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Sounds like a good time to jump off the merry go round, and jump on the sober train. I believe if you ask around, there is no one here that has been sober for awhile that regrets it. All the "crap" ends.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Virgostar!!
Old 11-19-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard virgostar

You;ll find a ton of support here. The November thread someone mentioned is here. Its for everyone quitting this month - all you need to do to join is post

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-6.html

D
Old 11-19-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, glad you are here. Sobriety is definitely worth it.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. Day 2 is great. Just keep going a day at a time. It won't always be easy, but it will be worth it in the long run. There will be times when your AV (addictive voice ) screams at you that 'you can't do it'. There will be other times when it whispers 'why should you give up what you love?' And other times when it offers you lots of rationalisation and excuses for taking 'just one' drink. Thing is, it was sometimes hard for me to recognise which was my AV and which was my own thoughts. Til someone pointed out, 'if that voice is telling you to drink, then it's your AV.'

Please try to eat. Even if you don't feel like it. Hunger is one big thing that can jeopardise our sobriety. It's one of the HALT triggers. HUNGRY-ANGRY-LONELY-TIRED. All of those weaken our resolve.
When my friend was about a month sober she'd be sobbing and screaming she needed a drink. I'd say. "Yeah. I know. Tell you what, eat this and then we'll talk about it." Sure enough, she'd eat her food, and say that her resolve was back. She didn't need to drink today.

Anyway. Welcome. And keep reading and posting here. This website is an amazing support and source of information and advice. It has been a massive part of my own sobriety and recovery.

Wishing you all the best. BB
Old 11-20-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome. Day 2 is great. Just keep going a day at a time. It won't always be easy, but it will be worth it in the long run. There will be times when your AV (addictive voice ) screams at you that 'you can't do it'. There will be other times when it whispers 'why should you give up what you love?' And other times when it offers you lots of rationalisation and excuses for taking 'just one' drink. Thing is, it was sometimes hard for me to recognise which was my AV and which was my own thoughts. Til someone pointed out, 'if that voice is telling you to drink, then it's your AV.'

Please try to eat. Even if you don't feel like it. Hunger is one big thing that can jeopardise our sobriety. It's one of the HALT triggers. HUNGRY-ANGRY-LONELY-TIRED. All of those weaken our resolve.
When my friend was about a month sober she'd be sobbing and screaming she needed a drink. I'd say. "Yeah. I know. Tell you what, eat this and then we'll talk about it." Sure enough, she'd eat her food, and say that her resolve was back. She didn't need to drink today.

Anyway. Welcome. And keep reading and posting here. This website is an amazing support and source of information and advice. It has been a massive part of my own sobriety and recovery.

Wishing you all the best. BB