Fear

Old 11-03-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear

Going insane with the no contact. JJ's phone was disconnected on the 28th. Even though I was minimal no contact, at least I could see him on Facebook (he is my friend). Now, I haven't heard anything from him since Friday. He did call me and he ended up hanging up on me because I called him out on his lies on Friday.

I am tempted (and need your prayers) to renew his phone just so I can text him and hear from him. I KNOW this is not the right thing to do, so I am saying it out loud.

PLEASE pray for me everyone. Ask God to give me the strength to not interfere and that I need the knowledge that I am not risking JJ's life by not reaching out again.

I HATE ADDICTION
Old 11-03-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As difficult as it is, I lovemysonjj, I would let it be. I know you are worried, but he must walk his own path, wherever it leads. I am so sorry for your pain and worry.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you gain the strength to not interfere and allow him to face the consequences of not being responsible in paying his bills.

I ask this with the best intentions and no judgement……..why do you feel it’s important to call him out on his lies?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He told me he hadn't eaten in three days. I told him I knew he had his EBT card. He wanted me to give him money and I was saying no.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have offered support if he chooses rehab but he wanted funds without the commitment that he is ready for intake or detox.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs! I've heard that before. No money for food. I offered to make a meal. so hard. our minds go a million directions when we have no contact. My heart goes out to you.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

remember to breathe your own air.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I am trying so very hard Anvil. I am taking a trip this weekend to Vegas so that is why I think my enabling demon has risen its ugly head. Trying to control the outcome of this weekend so that I am not obsessing about JJ suddenly coming to his senses whilst I am not at home.

Shyte this codependency is taking me through the waves today!
Old 11-03-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you know he can find recovery WITHOUT YOU, right?
you are not the key to that door......

HE IS.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks again dear friend. I am having a good old cry as I read this.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello T!

Geez, I'm sorry to hear all this. Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your JJ!

I think what helps me sometimes with my stepson is to play the scenario all the way through. "Jr." was recently hospitalized, again, for alcohol and heroin abuse (yay)! Now, at that time, my stepdaughter was also expecting to give birth any day. Do I visit my stepson who lied to me about why he was in the hospital in the first place? Do I try to arrange rehab or sober living or a place for him to live? Or do I stay in town to help my stepdaughter and her husband at the birth of their child? I chose to help the person who asked for my help--my stepdaughter. And "Jr." was being taken care of by people far more qualified than I to actually help him. Sadly, I have not spoken with him since he was in the hospital, but that is his choice.

Another thing that helped the late Mr. Seren and I was to remember that we would not be around forever to help out his son. He had to learn to lead his own life and take care of himself, even if we did not at all agree with his choices.

Have you thought about what might actually happen if you do put money on his phone so that you can text him. What sort of a response do you think you will get? Will he even reply at all? Will he just keep asking for more money, which you know he would use for drugs, right?

I do hope that you will take your weekend trip and try to enjoy yourself! You really do deserve a bit of a break!! Hang in there!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just went through one of those waves myself. It's my weak spot when I can't contact my son just to know he's alive. That's all I want to know. I even had nightmares that he died this last time of no contact. It's hard to shake it off.

I can't help, but I understand.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all. No contact still and I did see him briefly on facebook yesterday and of course its all no good. He isn't communicating with any of the people he went to treatment with. I have NO idea where he is.
So so horrible. You are all right, putting money on his phone is to appease my anxiety and it will lead to more disappointment. He hasn't reached out since he knows the only thing I will do is take him to rehab or detox.
As Kindeyes says, "he is not done yet". Keep praying he hits his bottom soon before he loses his life.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

T, so so sorry. He is a strong young man and finds his way for the addiction, please let him find his way for the recovery.......I find when I look on facebook it is almost like torture. Hard to do and I have tried to stop so I don't go nuts. My son too with need money for new half way house, not sure true or not so I say I may help if I get info and send directly, then I get you don't trust me, so far away from me know I cant tell but It wont go directly to him, I have learned that lesson. my heart aches for you....please be good to you and get to a meeting ..........................Hugs !!!!!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tough love is so ... tough! I pray that you can release JJ, though I know how horribly difficult it is. My AS has sorta forced me into doing it by no contact for two years now. The sadness and anxiety sometimes are overwhelming. May God bring these young men to their knees where they can only look up for His help!
Old 11-09-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Still no contact but the last message I sent was love and prayers he chooses recovery with the offer to get him to a program.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I know too well how hard it is. My prayers are with you. Hugs.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

sending positive thoughts for your son!
Old 11-14-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. I am hoping you can find peace and serenity.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dear T,
I'm chiming in to wish you a peaceful, less anxiety filled day. And one day at a time...it's always easy to say, but much harder to understand especially when the affected person is our child.
Please know that you are cared about very much in our family at SR!
Tight hugs and prayers and very positive thoughts and wishes are coming your way...
Take care
TF