Notices

'Lyrica' for chronic pain

Old 10-28-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

'Lyrica' for chronic pain

Have been trying to get painkillers from my doctors for several months now. Been prescribed a few medications that don't work and in the meantime, I was able to obtain a few basic painkillers.

As those are nearly gone today I'm starting on CBD's, which I didn't know were legal until this week. And so I'm grateful to the persons who told me about CBD's and for the few painkillers I got.

As for the doctors, well, I asked for a referral to the pain management clinic and he gave me a prescription for these 'lyrica' instead. Told me that if they are not working he can increase the dose.

In the meantime the only relief I'm getting is whatever I'll do for myself or through friends. Can anyone advise me please? All my other issue's are having to take a backseat for this problem now.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I don't think a forum for newly recovering addict and alcoholics is the place to talk about about self-medicating with drugs you've not obtained from a doctor...regardless of the legitimacy of your pain.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't play with Lyrica. They did nothing for my pain but are aid sleep and anxiety but I had bad neurological side effects because I started swollowing them like tic tacos when plastered on booze. No platelets so a cut shaving would bleed for four days. I'd walk into walls, and yeah ythey are a drug of abuse despite what the manufacturers would have you believe.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is not something to discuss on a recovery board.