Notices

Desperately and urgently in need of SR support!

Old 10-23-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Desperately and urgently in need of SR support!

Hi,
Been back after almost 12 hours of throwing up, couple brownouts from last night, not eating for more than 24 hours, not remembering how I got home, checking where I parked my car, spinning head, regret, anxiety, palpitations...
But the most important is that this time I accepted that I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO BE A NORMAL SOCIAL DRINKER and I HAVE TO STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL FOR GOOD.
But I feel that I can do this much better with SR support. Because this is the only place where I can talk about my problematic drinking. Just couple weeks ago I formed a thread here where I was questioning the possibility of my being a normal drinker. Lots of support came most of them stating that I have to be accept that I can’t. Last night showed me one more time that I CANT. Today since I believe there is still alcohol in my blood. I am announcing that October 23 is going to be the first day of my sobriety. I missed those 2 years of sobriety where I was proud to say “I am not using alcohol.” The last 10 months of my relapse I feel bad in every area of my life.
Please send me your good thoughts and words. They help me so much. Thank God that SR exists...
Old 10-23-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went round and round the merry-go-round for many years, thinking there was somehow a way to do the same things and have a different results, but it was simply groundhog day over and over again.

Put a Sobriety plan together and start to do things differently, and as a result a new outcome will happen!!

You can do this!!
Old 10-23-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mia, sounds like things have been rough. If you had two years of sobriety you know it can be done. Starting today is the perfect time. This time you won't make the same mistakes
Old 10-23-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your decision. And welcome. Sounds like you're ready to quit. I had to become pretty miserable before I was ready, too
Old 10-23-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you well Mia on your recovery journey x
Old 10-23-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome back
Old 10-23-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck, stay strong. You can do it and you already know it's going to be good
Old 10-23-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cheering you on!
Old 10-23-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well. Like many people, you've been back out and checked the theory. Well done for getting back here for some support Mia. I wish you all the best for your sobriety and recovery, and look forward to hearing much more from you on here.

Just be gentle with yourself this week. Plenty of time to sort the rest of your life out in the future. Just focus on staying sober and surrounding yourself with love, whether from sober friends, family, people here, or at AA (or similar ) or at church groups if you feel so inclined. Those HALT triggers are surprisingly strong, so try not to get Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired. Childhood favourites on TV or reading material can be very comforting, as can a packet of Tunnock Teacakes and a pot of tea after a long walk. Xx
Old 10-23-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mia my heartfelt congrats on your decision
Even though you feel awful you are making huge strides in your progress.
My best advice would be to come up with a solid and simple recovery plan. For years I tried so hard to quit drinking but couldn't until I came up with a do-able plan and actually followed through with it every single day.

~Blessings~
Old 10-23-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Mia my heartfelt congrats on your decision
Even though you feel awful you are making huge strides in your progress.
My best advice would be to come up with a solid and simple recovery plan. For years I tried so hard to quit drinking but couldn't until I came up with a do-able plan and actually followed through with it every single day.

~Blessings~
Dear Windancer what exactly is a recovery plan?
Thank you
Old 10-23-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep in touch and connected to this site on as regular of a basis as you can. There is good information, guidance and support here.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like hell Mia, a hell a lot of us are familiar with. Turn your back firmly on that way of living.
Put "recovery plans" into the search box on SR, there's plenty of guidance.
Lots of luck.
xx
Old 10-23-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you mia
We have to remember how much effort we put into our drinking and put at least that much effort into our recovery. Support is so important.
Truly glad you made it back here.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It is really so nice to hear all these. I feel so motivated. Thanks to each single one of you...
Old 10-23-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
Dear Windancer what exactly is a recovery plan?
Thank you
For me it includes: SR daily, AA 3-5 times a week, calling my sponsor daily, working the 12 Steps, attending counselling with a psychologist, writing and meditation, healthy eating and exercise, natural remedies and sacred medicines, AVRT (Rational Recovery), releasing and healing trauma, forgiveness, and most of all completely changing my thoughts, behaviour, coping skills and lifestyle. I am also going to Rehab for a month in January.

But everyone's Recovery Plan is unique to them. And, it is important to be flexible enough to tweak your plan if you need to add/remove something. And for the love of Pete don't make it too complicated or you will become overwhelmed and give up. My above list is just the things I have incorporated over time. There are some excellent links on here somewhere for help making Recovery Plans.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mia, unfortunately that had to happen to me too. I knew in my heart I was out of control every time it was in my system. Yet I continued for many years insisting I could still be a social drinker if I used enough willpower. I became completely dependent on it & was drinking every day when I came to SR, totally destroyed.

I don't know why some of us are slow learners. It's so obvious looking back over the years - I never handled drinking like a normal person. I'm grateful for the people here who don't judge and truly understand. You're making a wise move - you can do this.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I'm exactly in the same place as you: I CANNOT be a moderate drinker. So, I'm not going to drink anymore, no point.

I'm also a slow as hell learner because it's taken me years to realize this.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome back.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mia we can give you all the support in the world - your part in this is to use it

Have you thought about a recovery plan?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html