Notices

Good lab results?!?!?

Old 10-03-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good lab results?!?!?

My computer is back from the Geek hospital And behaving much better but The bigger problem is that some Little critter has been chewing the cable outside my house so for the time being, I have Intermittent access to the internet. I will read and post when I can.

Today is day one again. Going to a meeting tonight after work. Sponsorship is a challenge for most newcomers there so I'm a little disheartened but it won't keep me from going.

Saw the doctor on Friday with regard to my lab work.
She told me to keep doing what I'm doing because everything looks great. I don't understand that at all.
Can anybody Relate to good labs while drinking?

Thanks for being here everyone. I wish you all the best. For those of you struggling, I'm right there with you. I'm sending strength and love to help you today!
Old 10-03-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by jodc View Post
Every time I got a "clean bill of health" from the doctors, I used it as license to keep drinking. Then I got the recommendations, "Perhaps you should cut down," and found out I couldn't . Then I started to suffer the effects of my drinking.

Don't wait for a "bad" lab. Count your blessings and work on your recovery.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sure, throughout my lifetime of drinking my lab test were always good.

Note
But, once lab test go sideways all can fade away quickly.

M-Bob
Old 10-03-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jodc

Just curious, what do you mean 'sponsorship is a challenge'? I attended a meeting years ago where no women ever volunteered to sponsor. Hmmm. Should have been my first sign to attend another meeting. I now have a sponsor and it wasn't challenging.

As far as lab results. My labs are fine. I am a serious bender drinker. I'll be sober for months then kill myself for 5 days to 2 weeks. That doesn't mean my health isn't at risk. Blood tests are just an indicator...they don't pick up everything. My father was alcoholic, very serious, for 50 years. Liver tests are fine. But his brain is swiss cheese. It has been my experience that some people's livers seem to survive the onslaught of alcohol. But other organs, the pancreas, the spleen, the esophagus, the brain, are being affected. If you're an alcoholic and you keep drinking, you are damaging your body. Period.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am grateful, believe me. I do know that I am consuming poison. I know that harm is being done, regardless of lab results. I was just shocked by the news and was wondering.
Frick, you are right about other meetings, of course. And I will find a sponsor.

Off to work I go.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Jodc
Old 10-03-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

sure

the little bit of drinking/ drugging i did for a few years after high school was the symptom not the problem. the real problem is that i was born uncomfortable in my own skin with huge amounts of selfish self centered fear

my problems have never been physical

great job jodc

Old 10-03-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do this Jodc!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-03-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alcohol effects everyone differently, same like smoking. Some have horrible effects and die at a young age, some can abuse their entire lives and live to an old age.
I would take this clean test as a gift that you possibly won't have your life cut short.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Jodc,

I'm glad you have a clean bill of health. What a great way to kick off sobriety.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have tried to post a couple of times today with no luck; this is going to be a quick post cuz I want to be sure this much gets said: Thanks so much for your responses and encouragement - that's some awesome stuff!!

Went to a meeting tonight. It happened to be a beginners meeting and what a meeting it was - strong, positive, supportive - left with phone numbers, meeting schedule and lots of "come back; we're glad you're here". So good...

I am on my knees grateful.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're working on your recovery again jodc...keep drinking and good lab results can only come for so long.

D