Notices

Blown away that I am not alone

Old 09-29-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blown away that I am not alone

I am getting addicted to SR as well as the vino. Have been checking back a lot and I am blown away by just how many new people post daily. Its really made me think that I am not alone and then there are all you guys that have been here for a while.

Its like a huge party but a healthy, happy and healing one. For me, this site is getting more interesting by the hour. THANK YOU EVERYONE.

You are inspiring me. Sending huge good wishes to each and every one of you. I think we may become 'friends' in this playground of grown up ownership.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sober style

SR is a happening scene, all right! Where the good things happen.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally agree. You all are so supportive and most importantly non-judgemental. Its so liberating to 'talk' to people that arent berating or clbe
Old 09-29-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Or being critical (havent had a drink yet, honestly, phone playing up)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm grateful there is so much wisdom and experience here, in so many aspects and walks of life.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've definitly met lots of amazing people here on SR, and many that from here on this small piece of the earth that I sit I would consider to now be friends.

Now here's a thought . . . if I hadn't of had a problem with alcohol, I would never have darkened SRs doors, never typed into google "how to stop drinking" and never have meet such amazing people that are now part of my life.

Alcohol wasn't a curse in hindsight, in many ways it was a blessing . . . based on what Sobriety has brought me in my life!!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I love posting. I'm sure people think oh there goes Bug blabbering again. But guess what she said with an evil clown grin.. I'm not gonna stop!!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

We do understand!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

SR has been amazing for me. Not only the help but also watching people grow as they leave their addictions behind.

You are definitely not alone, Lolly26. If you stick around, you never will be again.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lolly! I'm glad you found us. Now that I'm sober, I want to give back. I get a lot out of helping people -- if only by forums -- that are struggling and where I was a year ago. I never thought I could quit drinking but here I am. If I can do it, so can you!!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree! I freely admitted that I'm still drinking and just trying to get in the mindset to quit, and these folks didn't judge me, didn't shun me or anything, they understand! I am quite impressed!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post

Alcohol wasn't a curse in hindsight, in many ways it was a blessing . . . based on what Sobriety has brought me in my life!!
I think of my alcoholism as a "peculiar gift." Someone said that or I read it somewhere and it stuck with me. I'm an AA-er and on p 417-418 when it talks about acceptance (I read this every day to keep hammering it home) and a part says that what was thought to be the "worst thing that could ever happen to a nice guy like me turns out to be the best thing that ever happened." Exactly. It takes courage and mental clarity to look at our addiction this way and that's exactly where I've framed my alcoholism.

There are no mistakes in God's world....including me and my alcoholism. What I do with my life of recovery is the great adventure I get to live now. People are a huge part of it!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh everyone.....thank you 😩
Old 09-29-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
I've definitly met lots of amazing people here on SR, and many that from here on this small piece of the earth that I sit I would consider to now be friends.

Now here's a thought . . . if I hadn't of had a problem with alcohol, I would never have darkened SRs doors, never typed into google "how to stop drinking" and never have meet such amazing people that are now part of my life.

My thoughts eggs-zactly. I feel like I've been through a terrible experience, but I'm grateful for what I've learned, especially what a gift sobriety is.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peggysue102 View Post
I agree! I freely admitted that I'm still drinking and just trying to get in the mindset to quit, and these folks didn't judge me, didn't shun me or anything, they understand! I am quite impressed!
Peggy Sue,

I can relate! For a few days before becoming a member I was on this site reading but was no where near ready to join.

I think it's great that you became a member and have the strength to post. I don't care if your drinking - at least you are interested in recovery.

Stick around. Some really great folks and inspiring stories. You just might enjoy it!

Snarly
Old 09-29-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lightning Bug - you da BUG (not bomb)

I love your posts and your sense of humor!

Keep um coming