Notices

When You Gonna Love You As Much As I Do?

Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When You Gonna Love You As Much As I Do?

When I was drinking I never loved myself, do I love myself now? I’m not so sure, I’m getting there, there’s things that I like but there is still a long way to go, when the haze of alcohol dissolved it can be a frightening realisation, everything is laid bare, nothing to shelter behind anymore, reality happens in full focus, in real time, and there is nowhere to hide

Sobriety has taught me that there are many people out there who see a lot more in me than I could never see in myself, when alcohol told me for many years I could offer nothing, I had nothing to give to others, I was resigned to the life that alcohol offered, well that was a lie, and we need to push beyond in order to see the truth, that being we have much to offer regardless of whether we believe it or not.

The song below touches my heart from time to time, it’s a song that that I have no doubt my Dad would have sang if he could, for many years I was lost, my parent’s divorce, my dad’s alcoholism, the gripping feeling’s of being lost and alone, nothing to live for, simply going through the motions, I was far removed from everything and alcohol became my new best friend, but it lead me down a path that was unsustainable, something had to change.

There are people out there that appreciate and love us more than sometimes we do ourselves, we just have to give ourselves a chance to be loved, to realise what we can offer, that others can see soo much in us that we may not see or ever will, but they do.

Removing alcohol from my life was the best decision I ever made, I started to love myself as much as others already did!!

I dream of one day sitting down with my Dad and putting my hand in my "Father's cloak" once again and saying I have finally learnt to love myself as much as those around me do!!

Enjoy!!

PK
Old 09-19-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's so beautiful - I love Tori.

Thanks for a wonderful & uplifting post, PK. You are very much loved here - by many.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post PK - I have no doubt you'll get there

D
Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I can't always define spirituality but know it when I see it - or in this case read it. Thanks for sharing language of the heart my friend. Well done l
Old 09-19-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful ☺
Old 09-20-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is the first post I read this morning ,i'm set up for the day now .
Thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a wonderful inspirational beautiful post. Thank you purple for your inspiration and helping me to stay sober today. Elle