Just checking in...

Old 08-17-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in...

Hello friends!

I have been crazy busy since my last post. On July 22nd I was laid off, we knew it was coming but it was still very hard knowing I did not have a job to go to Monday - Friday and I miss my people. I have been there for over 10 years and these folks had become my family. But that's okay, something will come my way soon!

My RAH is doing really well. He has been to all of his follow up appointments and his doctors say he is doing really well. His body took quite a beating and is not at 100% but he is getting there. He still likes the therapist he is seeing for support. Our girls have noticed a big change in him as far as him being more involved, more alert, and smiling more. My teen told him that she really liked to see him smile and loved that he was laughing more. In fact a couple of weekends ago we were at a neighbors visiting while my RAH played cards and one of the neighbors took out alcohol to drink and it just so happened to be the same thing my RAH was drinking before he went into detox. It really upset my teen so I left with the girls to remove them from the situation. My RAH finished his hand at the card game and excused himself as well. What surprised me about this is just the other day when it was just me, my teen and the RAH he brought it up and asked her if it bothered her. She was very surprised but told him yes, it did bother her and that is why she wanted to leave and come home. He has never cared if any of that bothered any of us. We had a nice open discussion about the topic. It was quite nice actually.

As far as my teen, she is still seeing her therapist. She has opened up quite a bit and there have been quite a few issues that we have been able to address. Hopefully she will be in a better state of mind before school starts in a couple of weeks.

My 10 year old, she is just a trip. She has bounced back from all of this like a trooper!

I have kept busy working on my resume' and trying to find a job and also keeping up with all the girls appointments. The girls and I have even taken a small mini vacation and traveled to see my best friend and her family for a few days.

Anyway - we are just moving along. Just the other day I told my RAH that slowly but surely things will start to fall into place just as they should be.

I sure hope all of you have been well. Now that I have this site bookmarked on my home computer I will be able to check in more often!

Take care and thanks for reading!!
Old 08-17-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

What a terrific update! I hope you're able to get back to work soon--sounds like you miss it.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexi - I do miss work. I mean it's nice to be home and available to my girls but I miss work. Besides it makes me nervous that I only have a few weeks of severance left and we are a two income family.

I am trying to just hand it over to my higher power. I know something will come I just need to remember it will come in HIS time and not mine. But it's hard.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So happy for you all! Sounds like a lot of forward progress for ALL of you; how beautiful! Good luck on the job search, fingers crossed!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
So happy for you all! Sounds like a lot of forward progress for ALL of you; how beautiful! Good luck on the job search, fingers crossed!
You know FireSprite, the entire atmosphere and dynamics of the house has changed since everything has happened. If I sit back and think about it I can see the pattern as to why it all happened and it makes sense, at least to me.

I have surprised myself because not once have I said "why is this happening to me/us", somehow I am at peace with it all and just flowing with it. Never in my life have I had that positive vibe.

Oh sure I am nervous about the no job thing but like I said, something will come.