Notices

one whole week.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one whole week.

Wow I made it a week ! Thanks to everyone on this website whos given me advice and everyone who's put there time in with all the links and information on here .

Today was ok everyday seems to be getting better though my stomach seems to be all over the place..and I can't really sleep much but ill take it over drinking. So nice to wake up without a hangover. They seemed to be getting worse and worse but I was starting to drink more too I was just a beer guy but then I started getting into harder liqueur. The real test is going to be around family when we have get togethers most of them are all drinkers so I'm keeping my distance for now untill I think im ready.

I need to find my new drink of choice so far it's been seltzer water,water,soda. I need to try some new teas and such. Im trying to cut out the soda though once what I have is gone im going to try and cut that out too.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought anymore on a plan FYMS?

not trying to nag you - but just taking things day by day hasn't worked out real well for you in the past?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 07-27-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fantastic that you have a week, FYMS. We know how hard you worked to get there.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on a full week. Great job!! Keep it up my friend! There are certain functions and gatherings, even at my family's houses, that I simply don't attend if I'm not "feeling" it. Even after more than a handful of months sober under my belt. I worry about my sobriety far more than I worry about their feelings if this is something they can't understand. "All in good time"........ Is how I'm approaching those things now. Best wishes.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on your first week!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes I did make a plan I have it all written down and still adding to it just havnt posted it yet thanks for asking . Once im on my feet again I'm going to attend an AA meeting and see what I think of it . I keep listening to the speakers on youtube and it sounds like it's a good thing to be apart of .

You know my sons only 3 but I get a feeling that he sees a change in me and he seems happier which makes me feel great inside. Plus my relationship will my girlfriend has improved. I pushed her out of my life and just cared about me for so long didn't care to talk or put any effort in . But now with a clearer head I see this and am working on it . Baby steps .