Notices

Day 15 ( minus one hour in which I had one drink)

Old 06-14-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15 ( minus one hour in which I had one drink)

Okay so I'm on the other side of Day 15. As stated in the title, I had one drink on this past Saturday due to not knowing how to stand firm under peer pressure. Lesson Learned.

I am changing. I am growing. I am learning. I am excited about each day.

The anxiety has dissipated. The cravings have less intensity. I think because I know that I can get through them without drinking. I do not have to give in to them.

My brain seems to be working better. And I am proud of myself. I have more self-esteem. I am not low. I feel contentment.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Pear,

I have just under a year, amazing how much anxiety has gone, I find if I remember the Hangovers and the terrible anxiety I got from drinking, and I ask myself if I want to experience those feelings again, it helps me keep on track.

I downloaded an App on my iPhone called Days, it's a free App, and it's a day counter, I look at the number of days in the Apps display and that has helped also.

Good luck PL, keep at it.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you giving AA or another recovery program a try? 15 days is a great start and probably a good time to get into a plan.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Are you giving AA or another recovery program a try? 15 days is a great start and probably a good time to get into a plan.
Yes, I have been attending AA meetings and hope to get a sponsor soon. I have been reading the Big Book daily. The steps are the key to all of this I'm learning.