Notices

This is awful

Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is awful

I'm doing nothing but holding off withdrawal as long as possible. I know I have to go through it but I also know I won't be functioning for a couple days and don't know how to explain that since this time around I'm hiding my drinking from everyone. I've got bottles hidden everywhere and close to running out today, so I have to decide, face it or carry on. Seems stupid to even suggest but it's a really hard decision in my book right now.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

in the wise words of some comedian whose name I can't recall...

"GIT 'ER DUN!!!!"

Old 06-08-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I got to the point where I went to the hospital instead of drinking more. I hope you get the help you need soon.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is a good point above. When I used to had mega-binges, they turned into mega--binges (as in 22 units a day for as long as 8 days) by me trying to "land gently" It never worked, just had me drinking and drinking and drinking..until I physically couldn't drink anymore.
The only way I could stop this was by going to A&E and asking for help with the withdrawals.
The times I didn't go to hospital, when I didn't drink for 8 days, day and night (maybe just 4)...I always told people I was just "ill" when I was getting over the come down.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I haven't even paid off the last set of hospital bills, I've been at this for weeks and know I just need to stop. If I 'fess up again I'm likely to lose a lot.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

it's not a hard decision if you weigh up the facts not hard by far when you get real about it but it is scary & I remember feeling like you do now

Stick with the forum find a meeting get some therapy with help off a Dr trust me you are not going to do this alone you have my word on that
Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would say taper, like I was told a lot by medical professionals when I drank everyday, but I couldn't do this (if I could control the amount I drank I wouldn't have gotton myself in that position!)
I, personally wouldn't 'fess up, if it was goint to cause a lot of grief for nothing, but if youve been drinking VERY heavily for weeks, it might be dangerous just jumping into withdrawals
Old 06-08-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know exactly where you are right now. The thought of the painful withdrawal is a terrifying thought and I've been off and on since Feb this year. Currently on day 3 again and yes it's bad but I'm trying. Do you always go cold turkey or do you have anywhere to go for help? Your doc for example?
I too have been so expert at hiding my drinking it is a very lonely place getting sober and pretending everything is okay. I guess for me, this just can't go on any more. So here I am. Day 3 again. I hope you can be brave soon and go for it. With whatever help you can get. There are some great people here. I read and post a lot.

Take care x
Old 06-08-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
If I 'fess up again I'm likely to lose a lot.
In the midst of your alcoholism, you can't see that you are already in the process of losing it all. You can't keep the charade up forever.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry about the bills right now. Do you have insurance? If not apply for financial assistance . Hospitals over charge like crazy and will sometimes write off your bills if you qualify, or put you on a no interest payment plan. At least in the US.

If you continue to drink, your losses willbe greater....period.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for responding, I don't think I can do medical assistance this time around, I'm still wanting to hide it if that makes sense. I'm really stressed about what's coming, this has gone on too long and I know I'll be very sick. Why can't I just stop?
Old 06-08-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can stop when you to decide you've had enough. I hope this is time.

Please seek medical help if you are concerned.