Notices

I ****** up

Old 06-07-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I ****** up

So i got fired from my job a while ago, been at home doing literally nothing . Yesterday i drank again, i promised myself that i would stick to just a few drinks but i finished an entire bottle of whisky and also half a bottle of Diphenhydramine. I don't know what i was thinking. I felt really sedated and was in a state of confusion the entire night, eventually went to bed, but i woke up in the morning feeling like i was floating and moving in slow-mo. I have to say i feel like **** now and I'm extremely shaky and anxious. I just wanted to talk to somebody so i posted here. Has anybody done this before? and is it really bad for my body?.

Thanks everybody!
Old 06-07-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. Yep Ive done that before. Takes a few days to wear off. Every think about going to an NA meeting? Might be good. I would try that. I am glad you are here.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Meetings really help..hardest part is actually going.

Surrounded by people that actually care and understand is amazing.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yep, a lot of us have done it before and yes, it's bad for your body ( and your mind too ). A meeting sounds like a great idea.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, like the others I have been there done that. We aren't supposed to give medical advise, but while it can't be good for your body to drink excessively and take a half of a bottle of Diphenhydramine I am sure you will start to feel better once your hang over ends and everything gets out of your system.

Do you have any sober friends that you can lean on and spend some time with when you are having a hard time coping with sobriety and just life in general? Or some family that knows your whole story and history that can be there for you when you need some support? Meetings can be a great resource if you feel they are the right fit for you, if you are not inclined to do the 12 Steps, Rational Recovery is a great alternative and there are great books on it also.

Don't let this make you give up on your recovery or use it as an excuse to further relapse (most of us have done that more than once and it never helps or makes things better).

Keep posting and reaching out!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

start over be safe and stay connected to people in recovery
Old 06-07-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 06-07-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

how are you? Thinking about you. You are not alone. Check in if you can.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We are all human. We are all here because we have made bad decisions and bad mistakes.

One day at a time. Day one is now. Wishing you all the best and will pray for you to have the strength and determination to get back on track.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finaltime View Post
how are you? Thinking about you. You are not alone. Check in if you can.
Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
Yep, like the others I have been there done that. We aren't supposed to give medical advise, but while it can't be good for your body to drink excessively and take a half of a bottle of Diphenhydramine I am sure you will start to feel better once your hang over ends and everything gets out of your system.

Do you have any sober friends that you can lean on and spend some time with when you are having a hard time coping with sobriety and just life in general? Or some family that knows your whole story and history that can be there for you when you need some support? Meetings can be a great resource if you feel they are the right fit for you, if you are not inclined to do the 12 Steps, Rational Recovery is a great alternative and there are great books on it also.

Don't let this make you give up on your recovery or use it as an excuse to further relapse (most of us have done that more than once and it never helps or makes things better).

Keep posting and reaching out!
Thanks so much everybody! , I don't usually see my friends at all anymore, but i did reach out to my cousins today and they came over to hangout and i actually had a pretty good time without any alcohol or other substances. I always feel down and alone, I've lost most of my friends for various reasons, my mind is constantly racing with so many thoughts and anxiety. Last week , I had two panic attacks in 15 minutes because of my social anxiety when i meet people. Alcohol and others have always helped me out to calm me down , and even sometimes with my social anxiety. It sucks that I'm such a mess and I'm only 18 years old, sometimes i don't see whats the point in living when i keep hiding myself and pushing people away from me because of my anxiety. I had so many dreams but somehow i lost interest in most of it. I think i will find hope again , i just have to take it day by day and not overthink about everything(which i tend to do a lot) . Im glad i found this forum!. Thanks everybody for replying !
Old 06-08-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there Corse!

I remember what it was like to be 18. I wasn't using anything at the time. It is a tough time. I remember being angry all the time.

My daughter is 18 and my son is 17. They both have a lot of angst. My son has been very vocal that the source of all his problems is because I am a junkie. I have tried to reason with him that I only used heroin for the past 18 months but he has been angry for the past 6 years.

It is great that you have family that you can reach out to. Try to do that as much as you can. I remember the first few weeks when I got out of the hospital. I didn't want to see anyone. But when I finally started to stop feeling so sorry for myself and realized that I was more angry at myself than anyone else, I really enjoyed seeing family.

I really think you should look into NA meetings. I have only been going to them a couple weeks now myself. I still haven't had the courage to actually speak up in the meetings yet, but just being there and hearing what everyone else has to say. It has helped me tremendously. I think it will also help you find some new friends that are going through what you are, but that are also trying their best to stay clean.

Everyone makes mistakes. Don't be to hard on yourself. I didn't start really making serious mistakes until I was in my early 20s. Keep coming back here. Please try and get to an NA meeting and give it a chance. My first meeting I realized that the guy on my left and the girl on my right could not have been older than my son. You are not alone.

I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am proud of you for coming here. You will find the help you are looking for at meetings, the friends you are looking for and a place to feel comfortable. I swear. Just give it a try. You don't have to talk. You can get phone numbers if you like.

Trust me. The rooms are a good place for people like us. I feel more home than I have ever felt.

Hang tight.