Notices

A New Attempt - I Feel Like I Need This Now

Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety is an adventure.

A New Attempt - I Feel Like I Need This Now

I'm drinking today so it's too late today, but tomorrow I plan on making it Day 1 of what I hope to be my final attempt at detoxing and making a success of it this time.

I've had a few attempts to detox at home before so I'm fully aware of what to expect, i.e. the shakes/crazy night sweats/sleeplessness/aching/grumpy, and I feel I'm prepared for that this time.

I plan to drink a lot of water, for the first few weeks allow myself to eat what I want and let my body re-calibrate itself as it were. Then I'm going to start and tighten up my diet and workout program and hopefully just, honestly, get my ******* **** together.

I'm in the process of starting my own business but this is holding me back massively. Lets take it one step at a time
Old 06-03-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you're back here with us, NewJourneyStart. I highly suggest joining and actively participating in the Class of June 2016 thread found on this same forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are also newly sober. There's an amazing amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back new journey. Today is definitely not too late - you can stop now if you want. I tried to quit "tomorrow" dozens, probably hundreds of times and unfortunately it never worked until i quit "today".
Old 06-03-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, and I agree with Scott. It's not too late to stop today, right now. I had so many 'I'll stop tomorrows' which never quite worked out. Good luck with your new business venture and staying sober will make everything easier.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk
Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by NewJourneyStart View Post
I plan to drink a lot of water, for the first few weeks allow myself to eat what I want and let my body re-calibrate itself as it were. Then I'm going to start and tighten up my diet and workout program and hopefully just, honestly, get my ******* **** together.
Getting one's S#!t together, for an alcoholic, is more than changing up one's diet and physical activity.

What's the plan for dealing with cravings, learning to cope with life without alcohol? Where's the "recovery" part of your plan?