Notices

New developments

Old 05-30-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New developments

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend has gone to stay with her friend. She has packed a suitcase this time and there appears to be more intent to actually have some space this time. Last time I posted she went to stay at her mums but was continuously back and forth and we were arguing a lot.

I dropped her off at her friends, we hugged and said goodbye and I told her she could contact me any time. My intention is to stay distant, allow time and space and assess the situation at a later date. We have been arguing an awful lot about various things and in actual fact I think this is the best solution at present.

I do love her, but she's not happy at present and I feel the respectful thing to do is to give her the space and try work on myself and process my own feelings on the relationship for now.

I suppose I've just got to have limited expectations, she feels I'm too selfish and this us for various reasons- perhaps she has a point and there is things I can improve upon- whether I will get the opportunity is a different matter. Not sure it will be a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Uncertainty is rife for me today but I can't put my addiction battles on hold because if this, they need tending to as much as this situation

Thanks to you all for your continued support and important interventions, I appreciate the advice I receive here

Stewy
Old 05-30-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All the best with it, Stewy. You're right that the best thing is to work on yourself and let your girlfriend deal with things in her own space.

As for battles with addictions, it may be worth seeing a counsellor to help figure out why you swapped one addiction for another.

The weather should be warming up so it could be time to get outdoors and start an exercise program. Don't go nuts at it - small manageable steps would be the way to go.

Don't forget - you have SR to lean on as you work through this. There will be hard days and easier ones, but you can always talk it out here amongst friends.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry things have been up n down lately bud