Notices

having a bad week

Old 04-19-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

having a bad week

Not sure whats wrong but I feel flat and depressed. I have normally got a smile for people no matter what, but the last few days I feel grumpy, and lazy, fat and unhappy with bad skin. It's almost 5 months, I am bored with how I feel. I want some excitement, after the initial newness and excitement of my new job I am finding it boring and want a new challenge. I know I should be pleased with my self and happy with the normality of things, no dramas, but I feel like I need to jump out a plane or something to kick start my engine. Sorry for the moan 😭 Not sure if what I am feeling is depression or just a flat spell......
Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi zlhzlh! Sorry you have having a bad week. How long have you felt flat/depressed? May be something that exercise can help with?

I'm looking at your avatar right now and it's making me smile so apparently you still helped someone smile today! :-)
Old 04-19-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

could be a lot of things.....some times we just don't feel so hot. as its only been a few days, i wouldn't be TOO concerned at the moment, but i would watch really closely for this desire to get some type of a RUSH.

"normal" or "regular" life isn't a constant bungie jump.....its supposed to be more moderate, placid, even paced. and that can take some getting used to!!! if after a few days you suddenly find your NEW job boring, then i suspect it ain't the job.......

make sure to eat well, get lots of rest, and get outside, particularly closer to nature - a park, or the beach, or the forest.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

What about your plan to start running. Releasing some endorphins might help.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
What about your plan to start running. Releasing some endorphins might help.
Yeah I started my plan but my mojo has gone, my drive isn't there. I'm struggling to get my running gear on let alone run fast! Feel really ashamed that I feel like this.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Hi zlhzlh! Sorry you have having a bad week. How long have you felt flat/depressed? May be something that exercise can help with?

I'm looking at your avatar right now and it's making me smile so apparently you still helped someone smile today! :-)
I feel really up and down these past months, like a bloody rollercoaster. I have spells of joy then longer periods of dullness!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I like going for walks, like Anvilhead said, close to nature. Also, writing a to-do list and ticking things off, even just little things, can help you feel like you're achieving something.

I hope it's just a flat spell and you feel better soon. Keep us updated.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am an outside type of person, I sea swim, ride my horse, walk the dogs...I have so much to be happy about....why am I not happy?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by zlhzlh View Post
Yeah I started my plan but my mojo has gone, my drive isn't there. I'm struggling to get my running gear on let alone run fast! Feel really ashamed that I feel like this.
Not everything in life can wait for you feeling like doing it. The pursuit of happiness is like that. It starts with you going after it, not waiting for it like a gift.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

We all have bad days ZlhZlh if it persists it might be wise booking a Dr apt
Old 04-19-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this zlhzlh? Sometimes it can be helpful to have a vent.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When feeling low sometimes the hardest part is just getting over the slump and getting started. I bet if you just make yourself put on the running shoes and "just do it" you will feel better.

I'm not much of a runner (in that I have no intention of running a marathon or even a half marathon) but I like running for general exercise. Actually, I hate running because it is hard for me but I like how good it is for me.

I am using the Couch 2 5K app again this year. It helps me force myself to go out and do it even when I don't feel like it...no matter how slow I go I don't care...at least I'm still doing it.

If exercise still doesn't help pick up your energy and your mood, then maybe seeing a doctor as soberwolf said would be a good idea. There could be a medical reason behind this?
Old 04-19-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Not really old tomato, I don't really have any friends more, and as much as I love my husband deeply.....he doesn't understand why I am not happy, nor do I! Just can't stop crying, it's stupid .
Old 04-19-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that if this has just been happening for the last few days, expect it to pass. Not every day is a sunny day and sometimes we just feel down. Keep trying to do things you enjoy and hopefully this will pass. If it continues for the long term, then consider talking to your dr.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi zlhzlh, not sure if it will make you feel any better, but I'm getting the same thing here and there. I believe you used to ALOT of running correct? Anyway, its helped me, but it took a team of horses to get me going. Hope it turns around for you soon.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope you feel better if you ever fancy chat pm anytime x
Old 04-19-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you, you know when u really need a hug but are scared to do that in case you let your guard down to expose what's underneath. That's how I feel right now, I can't let this go cus when I do I'm not sure I will get back again.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I hope you feel better if you ever fancy chat pm anytime x
SW thanks it's not that I am not grateful, I really am , but I don't think I can talk at the moment x
Old 04-19-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself zlhzlh, do what you need to do to feel better. We're here for you if you need us.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sounds like what you're feeling is normal. Ups and downs....we all has em.

I have found that doing some gardening, taking a walk along the river, or yoga really help me. I often don't feel like it, but once I do I reap the benefits. The sunshine helps me produce vit D which is a natural mood lifter.

Hang in there...it'll turn around.