Notices

Leg pain day 10

Old 04-14-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dim

Leg pain day 10

Morning guys,

10 days sober and looking for some reinforcement. My legs are still aching at day 10 sober. My last bender wasnt small (5 days) and i still have achy legs. No real numbness or tingling but just aches from the waist down in different places. Can anyone share some experiences of this getting better over time? I went for a 2km run yesterday (pretty tough) so no doubt i'm feeling some of the fallout from that this morning. I'm 32 years old with a history of binges over the past 3-4 years. Surely i cant have neuropathy yet?
Looking for some stories pls x
Old 04-14-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It takes time to heal Dim. You asked this same exact question a couple of days ago, and while you have a couple more day sober ( congrats by the way ), remember you are still very, very early in recovery. Some things can take weeks or even months to fully heal. I would say that if you were able to go for a 2km run then your legs must at least be working pretty well, wouldn't you say?

Neuropathy is not something that we can diagnose here on a forum..you will need to stay in touch with your doctor on that issue.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that your leg pain diminishes but if you are concerned at all about neuropathy, do talk to your dr.

Congratulations on 10 days sober!