Notices

Have not been sober

Old 04-03-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have not been sober

I have not been sober for a while now. There were a few days here and they in January but that's it. I'm now scared again; scared of sobriety, scared of alcoholism, scared of dying, pain and more.

I have not had a drink today. I don't want to have a drink. I've been productive today. It's a beautiful day after all.

My back is killing me again as it tends to everyday. I actually think it hurts everyday because I drink everyday and I'm not used to using those muscles. This is when I usually grab for a drink. So I've take 3 ibuprofen instead. And hoping that will proved some relief.

I'm trying my best though not to today. I have to let this thing go. This thing that's been holding me back. This thing that has caused great pain in my life.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're not drinking today. Drinking will only make things worse.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jullian, it all begins with day one. Keep yourself busy and drink plenty of water, and just focus on getting through today.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is going to be harder than I thought. I just came out of grocery store and saw a guy with a six pack. I thought, I can get just a six pack, it'll make my back feel better!

This is so though. I'm heading home to cook. Only a few more hours right?
Old 04-03-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Look after yourself Jillian. I know how you feel if that helps in any way.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jillian, you've made a great choice to not drink today and each day will get a bit easier and you'll feel a bit better.
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry for your setback Jillian. Keep trying and don't give up. Glad to see you back on SR. Do you have any support other than SR. The more support the better. John
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stay the course, Jillian. It is worth it, it takes determination, and you can do it!
Old 04-03-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

From one Georgia peach to another, you got this!
Old 04-03-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jillian, I got back ache and other muscle aches from drinking binges. It temporarily goes away when I am drunk but can be very uncomfortable during hangovers. Not sure what it is exactly but always goes away once I stay sober for a couple days and never have them in prolonged sober periods.

Sometimes it's good to call it a day and head to bed early when those drinking urges hit. Good nutritious meals also tend to help me, cooking sounds like a good idea
Old 04-03-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Jillian, I'm glad you've decided not to drink today. It is certainly hard but the pain is short lived. Hope you can have a nice dinner, good job on not getting any beer. We're here all night on SR if you want to talk.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Sorry for your setback Jillian. Keep trying and don't give up. Glad to see you back on SR. Do you have any support other than SR. The more support the better. John
There's a meeting at our church on Tuesdays. I've been twice but haven't been back.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
Jillian, I got back ache and other muscle aches from drinking binges. It temporarily goes away when I am drunk but can be very uncomfortable during hangovers. Not sure what it is exactly but always goes away once I stay sober for a couple days and never have them in prolonged sober periods. Sometimes it's good to call it a day and head to bed early when those drinking urges hit. Good nutritious meals also tend to help me, cooking sounds like a good idea
When I was sober, the pain seemed to subside as well. I really think it's related to drinking. Just trying to get through today. If it continues, I will head to a doctor, but really hoping I heal naturally.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
There's a meeting at our church on Tuesdays. I've been twice but haven't been back.
Good to see your reaching out. Maybe make this Tuesday the third time. Sure beats doing this on your own. Hopefully, you'll post more often also. John
Old 04-03-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Stay strong jillian we are all here for you.
Welcome to the family xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Watch_Me-wallpaper-9757882.jpg (15.8 KB, 162 views)
Old 04-04-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I made it through yesterday without drinking! It's another lovely day and I've already gotten a 2 mike walk in while putting out cards to promote our new business. For those of you who knew I had an office job...I quit at the end of February! Just woke up and was like "nope! Can't do this anymore!" Started my own business the next day (with hubby) and our earnings for March surpassed our earnings for February when we worked for others' companies. If only quitting drinking were as easy as quitting a job....
Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great keep up the good work Jillian
Old 04-04-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think it may help if you try to reach out to people. Did you have friends who helped you before that can give you bit of support at the moment?
Old 04-04-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jillian, hang in there..Try to get some down time and relax...Crawl back into bed if you to to clear your head...This is not an easy ride , is it...I am running on Gods time and guidance right now myself...Never had so many muscle aches in my life as I have lately...I am sorting through the physical and emotional pain myself right now.. Start today with a deep breathe...Set up an appt with your Dr. if you can...We knows there's an end in sight, even though we can't see it yet...Hang in there...Just remember, other folks(me included) are going through the same hell...
Old 04-04-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats Jillian! That's awesome!