I literally can't believe this! SHUTTERFLY

Old 03-19-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I literally can't believe this! SHUTTERFLY

I ordered a personalize frame from shutterfly of the cat my son rescued when he moved. My son, who most of you all know has an alcohol problem, sent me a picture today and asked me "Did you send me this?" and it was a picture of the frame along with a $100 Naked Wine Gift Card that was inside the box from shipped directly from Shutterfly!

I am literally crying my eyes out. I can't believe that companies don't realize how alcohol destroys lives just like heroin, cocaine, etc. I called and told asked them why they don't just put that in the box. I can't believe this. Of all things to have my son receive who just got his first DUI!

Unbelievable. Literally feel like my world is just crumbling.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Deep breath? Yes, it's irresponsible of the company but booze is everywhere. ..not your fault.

Take heart that your son knew it was a mistake AND he didn't use it, right?
Old 03-20-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is so very sad. I'm sorry for the angst that this has caused you. Ask him to send a pic of the back of the card, perhaps you could call and have it zeroed out.

Or contact Shutterfly and ask them to do it.

I have said a prayer for your son and for you.

Hugs,
Joie
Old 03-20-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened hummingbird.
I'm glad you called them and told them how upset you were - you have every right to do that.

D
Old 03-20-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, I called them and I am sure they never experienced a call like mine. Since the nakedwine.com wasn't in I had to email them. I gave them the code for the gift card and was told that they can't deactivate it because everyone has the same code on their card. That they are a promotion that is going on. I replied that I hope they never have an alcoholic in their life.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is good that you took action to talk to shutterfly. I hope you talked to a supervisor or someone on top who can call the shots. It amazes me how our society encourages drinking. It glamorizes drinking making it look fun, sexy, and appealing. I see all the commercials, shows, music videos etc. targeting young viewers and it's all about glamorizing partying and a good time with booze. It's like the cigarette mega-campaign back in the day targeting young consumers. The alcohol industry is a mega corporation that is trying hard to make the young generation become dependant not giving a damn about the heart-ache it causes.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why did you say "my sons first DUI"? Are you expecting more? Just wondering.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry hit send too soon... We can blame advertisements, dealers, mothers, wives, hard childhoods but the fact of the matter is, choices are made everyday to make is better or worse and as long as we are blaming the world, a 2nd DUI is likely.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I ordered a t-shirt online from Cafe Express. When the shirt arrived, there was one of those $100.00 wine vouchers enclosed. I just tossed it in the trash.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are not alone in your anger, Hummingbird.

Mom Faces Jail Time After Beating Her Son?s Drug Dealer With a Baseball Bat | Wetpaint, Inc. | Wetpaint, Inc.

Did your son get a job?

Peace,

Take care of you.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can sympathize with your frustration. I have received these in different items shipped to me.

These aren't true "gift cards" in the sense that it's free money or wine. It's supposed to be a discount in order to buy wine via mail order. Really, I don't think it's much of a discount and you have to buy something (e.g. membership) to get the supposed $100. If you go to their site, they give you $50 for filling out a survey. What are you really getting? Suckered into some stupid mail order wine club instead of daily drives to the store or bar.

The positive thing to consider is that he asked and didn't hide the fact that he thought he just got a $100 gift for alcohol. *Most* with a problem tend to hide it from the people that give them a hard time about it.