Sensing a shift in my perspective

Old 03-17-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sensing a shift in my perspective

I've definitely been working toward it, don't get me wrong, it's just that this kind of healing/self work isn't always measurable. It's not always clear & defined..... okay, hardly ever. I don't always know what I'm working TOWARD, I just trust that each baby step of the "next right thing" is taking me somewhere worthwhile.

Lately I've noticed a shift in my overall perspective best described as going from, "I've missed it" to "It hasn't happened yet".

I'm finding myself thinking less in terms of what I've lost/sacrificed & more in terms of what I am gaining every day simply by living life as a recovering person and I really, really like it!

I find myself looking at things with fewer regrets these days, because I trust that I am exactly where I am supposed to be & even the "bad" is partially responsible for helping me get to Here.

Just thought I'd share because I read this as a sign in my recovery telling me that I'm on the right path!

Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really beautifully said.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay! Thanks for sharing your hope and inspiration today! It's wonderful to read of a reminder that we are all where we need to be (I know I need the reminder today).
Old 03-17-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Acceptance of our current reality is the key to peace. FireSprite-love your words!!! Great read.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love it thank you!
Old 03-17-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love this FS!
Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Sometimes that change in our perspective is a great gift - to ourselves!

thanks so much for sharing!

pink hugs!
Old 03-17-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have such a beautiful way with words

Love that, thanks for sharing
Old 03-18-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for this , FS. I shared this same sentiment at a meeting not too long ago. Its so powerful when it happens because the way you perceive people, places and things shifts as well. Its left me feeling more compassionate toward others (including myself) and more open to trying new experiences to help my own growth.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

I thought about this more last night & thought of 2 other references that help explain how it feels to me:

And this old favorite quote:

“I know that the molecules in my body are traceable to phenomena in the cosmos. That makes me want to grab people on the street and say: ‘Have you HEARD THIS?

Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 03-18-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vcfanatic View Post
Its so powerful when it happens because the way you perceive people, places and things shifts as well.
AMEN!!! I absolutely have noticed the same thing. It's exactly like, "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".