universe has other plans

Old 02-03-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

universe has other plans

Remember my post about what to do with $ from my selling my engagement ring and wedding ring?

Well, it's a moot point now.

DD10 needs braces fairly urgently (which I suspected but waited on the consult and xrays to be sure)

So, xAH is legally required to pay half of all non insurance covered medical stuff for kids and I have to pay half too...

My half is paid for in full with the $ that I will get for the rings.

And when xAH does not pay his half as I am sure he will not, I will be in less dire shape than I would have been when I have to pay the full bill.

It's almost funny in a way that I traded one shiny metal object for another
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

There ya go--good ol' universe stepped in before you blew the money on something you'd have regretted later.

Oooohhhh... braces... SHINY
Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My experience with my ex being legally required to pay half of all none covered medical expenses left me with practically the total debt for my son’s braces.

Be cautious of how you approach your ex on how this expense is to get paid before you commit to the orthodontist. Not too many doctors want to get in the middle of a legal divorce settlement regarding medical expenses, they just want to get paid. They require legal consent for billing, his and yours.

My ex gave his verbal consent along with his address for billing but failed to make payments, the dental office came after me, the one who signed all the paperwork. I think in total for 2 children to have braces my ex paid maybe $600.00 directly to the doctor’s office but that was it.

Even though you have a legal document stating that he is responsible make sure he also signs the paperwork at the orthodontist’s office along with you otherwise without his written consent to this doctor he won’t be the one financially responsible you will be. You’d then have the expense of taking him to court.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just think of what a beautiful smile your DD will have for the rest of her life .... My thought? That's a great exchange!!

I had a similar situation with my son... However, because the insurance was under my exhusbands name HE was the one that needed to sign the paperwork. Cost after insurance? $2500.00. We pay monthly and split the months between us. They pull the money directly out of his account so he just deducts $100.00 from his child support bi-monthly. It works for us.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is no chance the xAH will sign anything committing to the Orthos office that he is the one responsible.

I am fully expecting to have to pay for these myself. IF xAH decides to comply with the court order and pay half, great. But I will just set it up and assume I will have to pay.

The poor kid is going to need crowns on her adult molars soon if something is not done to shift her teeth around and fix the overcrowding and grinding that is happening so I have already signed and committed to it because it will cost me a lot more later in dental work for her if I wait.

I knew this was coming, just wasn't prepared for it to be so soon...

DD10 having healthy teeth and a lovely smile (I think it's lovely as it is crooked and all) is a good way to spend the ring $... Now I just need to hope that DD7 won't need to them too!