HE LOST THE DOG!! I don't know what to do!!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HE LOST THE DOG!! I don't know what to do!!

I am out of the country on business and I get an email sent at 10:30pm from AH saying one of our little dogs got out and he doesn't know where she is!!! I got it 3 hours later, so now it's 1:30 am and I called because I'm FREAKING OUT!! He sounded asleep but said he's still looking for her. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

He was served with the divorce papers that day so I am praying that he is lying to get back at me but I cannot think straight. I asked him to call me when he finds her and he said "Why? I had a terrible day today. I lost the dog and you served me." OMG!!!! "Why did you do that??" I didn't answer, I continued to ask about the dog. He wouldn't answer. So I hung up.

I am crying because I am helpless here, I need to get up to go to a class in 3 hours and I won't be back in the US until the end of the week. I'm 99% sure he was drunk and that was the reason the dog got out. This is not an outside dog and it was bad enough I had to leave the two dogs when I left, but for him to LOSE HER??????

I need your thoughts and prayers tonight to please get my dog home safely. I will be fighting to take them when I get home but I have no emotional energy left to handle this right now. I do not know what to do!! I am panicked!
Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. - Steve Vai

In these circumstances it's hard for you to know what really happened: is the dog truly lost or is he pushing buttons?

Is their a family member or friend who could go over and volunteer to help find the dog and verify whether or not the dog is in fact, missing?
Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

The "you served me" part sounds really suspicious. LP1993's advce to enlist family or friends to "help" with the search -- and give you a backchannel for information while they're at it? -- is to my mind sound.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also had the feeling while reading your post that he was saying it to punish you after getting the divorce papers. As the others said, could a family member or friend go and check?

I am so sorry. I can only imagine what you must feel like when you're so far away and can't get back to check. I am hoping and praying that he is lying and your dog is home safe and sound/ your dog is back very soon.

Sending you love.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. I called him a few times to see if he found her, and he refused to answer the question. He just kept asking me why I served him and when I continued to ask about the dog, he hung up. So I stopped calling.

I am PRAYING that he is lying, although I cannot imagine in any situation how someone could intentionally lie about something they KNOW would make the other person so crazy. True colors, I guess.

Please Lord have her be ok and have AH be lying.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

If he is lying, remember this. Pets are family, and he's using that to twist your emotions. That speaks volumes about him.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

TimeFor.....for what it is worth...I know of a situation that happened about 2wks. ago to one of my daughters girlfriends.....
This girl (young woman) and her live-in boyfriend had a bad argument....so she went to a friends house for the weekend to "cool off". Her boyfriend called the friend's house and said that her dog had died out in the yard. and that he was taking the body to the local vet to arrange for cremation.
My daughters girlfriend was devastated and hysterical for about 24 hours before she found out the truth....(it was a very senior chocolate labrador who was blind from birth and was very bonded to her).....the truth was that he got drunk and was lying to try to punisher her for leaving him for the week-end.
the irony is that the boyfriend was very attached to the dog, also and spent a l ot of time caring for the dog, etc!!

Now, I don't know if this applies to your situation, at all....but, it is an example that a drunk will lie about anything when their judgement is altered by the disease......

I suggest that you try to contact someone to verify if the dog is really lost or not.....as a first step.....

I pray that this turns out to be o.k., as far as you dog is concerned.....
I know the mental distress that you are under.......

dandylion
Old 02-03-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So he contacts you about losing the dog but DOESN'T contact you about getting served. Hmmmm. Smells like a trick.

I would contact a friend or family member and ask them to follow up if the dog has been lost and see if they ca assist in finding it. I am very sorry I would be SO upset if one of my animals had been lost. I'm feeling its a lie............I hope so.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks, all. I have contacted a couple people to see if the dog is at the house. I haven't heard yet. Based on what he said when we spoke, I could see that it may be a lie. And yes, it does speak volumes about his character.

I should have known waaaaay back when, when he told me that as a child his mother told him, "if you're not winning, fight dirty."
Old 02-03-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AH just emailed that he found her. I will probably never know the truth (although I suspect I know). I am just thankful that she is safe and I will be talking to my lawyer on Friday to get both dogs.

Thank you all for your rationality when I had none.

xoxo
Old 02-03-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad she is safe. I wouldn't have an ounce of rationale if one of my animals was lost !!

I think he lied.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so glad she's safe.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just catching up; I'm glad your dog is safe.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so glad your pup is safe. Hugs to you and stay strong.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So very sorry. You mess with me ok - you mess with me dog that's another story. Glad your baby is ok!
Old 02-03-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad she's safe!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you that your dog has been found -- whatever the case may really be. I have two little ones I would be devastated over should they get lost too. I pray you get to keep your fur baby(s) in the divorce.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh, I just saw this thread now--so glad the dog is not lost.

Good thing I don't know where this guy is; I'd go break his kneecaps!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad your doggie is safe and sound. Fwiw, my ex has used his own dog as bait - she did just pass recently from very old age but prior to that she was "dying" multiple times and it was an urgent matter. Nope, she was just fine. Mine will lie about anything just to try and hook me, but I have not one ounce of care for him at all and no desire to ever speak with him again as his true character has been revealed. Sounds like your guy has a real gem of a mother, too. Mine does as well.
If this was a trick, or lie, you now know exactly what type of person he is-move forward accordingly.
Peace and hugs, friend.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I think there's an awful lot of speculating going on here.

I, too, am very glad the doggie is safe. That said, it is very possible for beloved pets to escape even when they are being well cared-for. And other stuff happens too. I remember I had my neighbors out looking all over for my cat (who comes when she's called) because I couldn't find her ANYWHERE--only to discover she was curled up on a chair under the dining room table and a bit lethargic from a shot she had just received.

So maybe he was yanking your chain or maybe the dog got out for a bit. It doesn't do you any good to assume he was lying about it. If he was upset about being served he could have been distracted and left a door open accidentally. I totally understand that some people WOULD lie about something like that, but I wouldn't assume it to be the case without evidence.

The reason I point that out is just so you don't waste a lot of energy on being upset for a lie that wasn't. The important thing is that the dog is safe.