Heartbreaking Sunday

Old 12-28-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heartbreaking Sunday

Needed to take a little break from SR, but having had a rough weekend I felt the need to post.

My best friend's mom died last Sunday. Initially we thought it was from an aneurism or heart attack because it had been so sudden. But, now, the speculation is that she had passed from an accidental overdose.

She had gotten sober when we were children, but apparently had since fallen off the wagon. I was able to enjoy the Holidays with my family, but the funeral that same weekend was looming over my head. Yesterday was easily the toughest funeral I've ever been to. It was devastating...the room was full to the brim, people were standing when there were no seats available. It was a Jewish funeral & at the end, her loved ones helped put dirt over her casket once it was lowered to the ground. She was only 53. She leaves behind her three children: 21, 22 & 26 (my best friend).

It seems everywhere I turn these days I'm surrounded by people who have not/can not find recovery. It's a really depressing and awful realization. Today I am really sad, please keep her children in your prayers.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am so sorry for your loss and for all those who loved your best friend's mom. what a terrible, utterly mystifying blow for the family. and so very young (i'm 56). take good care of you and give lots of love to your friend.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. Take care of yourself, you deserve some good news.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopepraylove,

Sorry to hear your sad news. Now it is time to extend your love and support to your best friend - she needs you more than ever.

One day at a time,

Jim