Notices

Updating

Old 11-28-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Updating

Been experiencing some continuous anxiety over the last few days. Today most noticeable as I've been off work and had my daughter. It's been a tough slog I've attempted to keep it together just relieved the day is at a close. What a way to live eh? I've survived a day. Playing a gig tonight just have to lay low.

A lot of the time I'm waking up and feeling like I've not slept. Today was no exception. I have no problem falling or staying asleep, it's the overall quality of sleep that's setting me up for a bad anxiety provoking day.

I'm disappointed with my progress this year. The sertraline I'm on is the third one this year and I have vowed to stick this one out no matter what. It can't be good for my brain to have all these medical interruptions through taking all these different tablets. I've been on the same dose of sertraline just over 2 weeks. Totally aware it's a waiting game of perhaps up to 3 months.

I'm more aware of sleep now I've been learning how it's a huge factor in the development of depression and how the quality of it links into moods and the body's ability to recover.

I haven't got any answers tonight. I feel bad I've told my daughter off twice today really for no good reasons and our day hasn't been as fun filled as it could of been.

Stewy
Old 11-28-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how rough it is, getting on top of depression and anxiety. I also know just what you mean about sleeping but not feeling rested. I'm glad you are posting and determined to just keep moving forward...sober. We know for a fact that drink will only deepen depression and inflame anxiety. Stewy, you are doing well...these are just rough days. Things will improve, bit by bit. You've got this.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

First off don't be too tough on yourself you have done great considering the stress of going back to work, being a dad, relationship stuff to be fair you might not feel it but your actually winning in my book & the best is yet to come so keep on keeping on have a great gig tonight what do you play Stewy is it bass ?

As for the third change I'm on my third change aswell the venlafaxine was giving me major headaches & migraines I'm now on a small dose of citalopram/celexa & its currently bedding in been around 2 weeks Dr says I should notice in the first 4-6 weeks the good news is all the migraines neckaches & headaches are gone

Have a great night Stewy
Old 11-28-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't think you should be so hard on yourself. Getting sober is challenging and the issues with depression and/or anxiety makes it even more unique. I've been sober for 3 years and I still have challenging days FOR SURE!
Old 11-28-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can't be good for my brain to have all these medical interruptions through taking all these different tablets.
It wasn't that great not having the meds either tho Stewy

I think you're being a little hard on yourself too - it's fine to have high standards but having unrealistic ones is a recipe for discontent and more self loathing

Sometimes I just have to be ok with where I am cos I know I'll most likely feel better tomorrow

D
Old 11-29-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you tried meditating? Just ten minutes will help relax you at bed time to help you sleep better.

If at two months you are not noticing an appreciable difference - tell the doctor.
I assume you are also seeing a therapist? That's should also be a part it.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
I know how rough it is, getting on top of depression and anxiety. I also know just what you mean about sleeping but not feeling rested. I'm glad you are posting and determined to just keep moving forward...sober. We know for a fact that drink will only deepen depression and inflame anxiety. Stewy, you are doing well...these are just rough days. Things will improve, bit by bit. You've got this.
Thank you bixbees 505
Old 11-29-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
First off don't be too tough on yourself you have done great considering the stress of going back to work, being a dad, relationship stuff to be fair you might not feel it but your actually winning in my book & the best is yet to come so keep on keeping on have a great gig tonight what do you play Stewy is it bass ? As for the third change I'm on my third change aswell the venlafaxine was giving me major headaches & migraines I'm now on a small dose of citalopram/celexa & its currently bedding in been around 2 weeks Dr says I should notice in the first 4-6 weeks the good news is all the migraines neckaches & headaches are gone Have a great night Stewy
Thanks wolf, I play lead guitar in a covers group playing blues and rock. Yeah I found the same on venlafaxine horrible headaches. That is an SNRI citalopram and sertraline are SSRI there are subtle differences I believe.

I've got to just keep on keepin on
Old 11-29-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It wasn't that great not having the meds either tho Stewy I think you're being a little hard on yourself too - it's fine to have high standards but having unrealistic ones is a recipe for discontent and more self loathing Sometimes I just have to be ok with where I am cos I know I'll most likely feel better tomorrow D
Thanks Dee,

I need to keep practicing not being hard on myself. It's something I've been doing a long time. Then again, so was drinking and I was able to change that
Old 11-29-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Have you tried meditating? Just ten minutes will help relax you at bed time to help you sleep better. If at two months you are not noticing an appreciable difference - tell the doctor. I assume you are also seeing a therapist? That's should also be a part it.
Thank you Lbrain. I have had therapy previously which I'm not sure helped to be honest. The answer lies with me I feel.

I will be sure to try some meditation to see if it helps