Notices

Almost done with week 3 but exhausted

Old 11-06-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost done with week 3 but exhausted

I'm almost done with week 3, which I'm proud of; however, I'm so exhausted! Week 1 I felt like crap, which I expected; week 2 I felt great, but this last week, I've been bone tired. I'm hydrated and my nutrition is good, but I'm just so tired I can barely stand it. Is this something related to drinking? Is it normal? I just want to have my energy back!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It takes time, Dobie.

It was at about three or four months that I started feeling really good on a daily basis.

Sleep, healthy food, moderate exercise. I treated myself like I was recovering from a serious illness, because I was.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it took me longer than three weeks to feel good again. It's likely that your body is going through a lot right now and hopefully your energy will begin to return soon. One thing I found was that I was more aware of various minor aches & pains, which I had completely ignored while I was drinking.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on three weeks, DobieGirl. I was very fatigued at three weeks and for some time after; it does and will get better.

Your body, mind and spirit are healing. Healing requires energy; it's my humble non-professional opinion that your body deliberately slow you down so that it can expend its energy reserves on healing.

Be good to yourself.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there I felt like this it gets so much better
Old 11-06-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It'll get better with time, if like me you drank for years, it's gonna take more than a few weeks for the body to heal and adjust.

My energy came back eventually, but the first few months I crashed each evening after work, there were a lot of boxsets, online games and TV watching and that was fine.

Then one day my energy came back, and I started going out for long walks after work, my evenings became filled with activities, and my weekends felt a lot more productive.

Hang in there, you'll get there!!
Old 11-06-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! It does make me feel better to hear that others experienced something similar. It's weird because I actually seem to have less energy now than when I was drinking! I went to the gym this morning, and it felt like such a chore. Usually I love lifting weights, but this week, it's been really hard, and my strength is not what it usually is.

I will continue to treat myself kindly and try to be patient! (Not one of my strong suits. )
Old 11-06-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-06-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't think my energy was EVER coming back DobieGirl but it did.
Have faith, eat well, get plenty of rest and a little exercise and hang in there

D
Old 11-06-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Me too!!!! Ill b 3 wks on Sunday & i feel shattered!!!! Like u said, amazing last wk & this wk i feel like ive really dont too much (when ive not done much at all)!!!!
Glad this appears 2b normal from what everyone here seems to say, lets hope we feel better next wk!!!!