Notices

Day 577

Old 10-31-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 577

Hope everyone had a good Halloween, I had the day off but didn't get a costume because I didn't want to buy one and not find anything to do and feel even more let down than I already did. I'm going through a break up with a girl I was with for 6 years and I'll be moving out before January 1st 2016. We agreed to buyout of the lease and to move then is the cheapest option available from the leasing office. I got back on social media to connect with friends I haven't talked to in a while to possibly help deal with what I'm going through. Once again it's mostly filled with people around my age 26 going out and drinking. I didn't send friend request out I waited for people to send me request and decided weather or not I wanted to accept them.

Either way it's been a tough past few months really lonely and depressing at some times. I don't get invited to do much since I don't drink and don't put myself out their in awkward situations being the only sober one in a room full of drinkers: I feel like I've lost friends due to my sobriety and I'm trying look at it as a good thing I guess. I eat healthier than I ever I have I'm in pretty good shape and I'm addicted to the natural high I get from the gym some people just look at me differently like I'm doing something wrong. I dont know how to feel these days. I did go to a AA meeting last Friday and felt like the youngest one in the room.

The past few years I feel as if I've been catering to my partner and now it's weird I have all this free time to myself and I don't want to waste it drinking or smoking I want a possible career for my future and to play a sport again. This sober life is great but it feels as if it's unacceptable in society that if you don't drink when your my age then your either crazy not to or your a boring person to be around and that's almost how I feel lately. I'm just glad I have this website to tell somebody something or anything when I can't sleep at night wondering what the next day will bring.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Brad. It's never easy, a break up, even if it's a mutual agreement.

I know what you mean about everyone out drinking, that seems to be the culture nowadays, was all my younger years but then that was where I mixed, with people like myself who liked a good drink.

There is so much more out there. It's a big world full of opportunities. I'm so pleased you have this life in front of you, sober.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Brad day 557 is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First off, congrats on sticking to your guns for 577 days! That's truly fantastic- no matter what else happens in your life, you're the master of at least that. Next, sorry about the breakup. Yeah, such things happen, and even if it's mutual and for the best it still sucks. But you will bounce back!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Awesome job on 577 days Brad hang in there
Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

577 days is enormous! Well done.

I know the feeling well; it seems like everyone drinks and that's all they want to do with their spare time. We're gonna have to find a whole bunch of new friends, and hobbies. But that's pretty exciting to me. You can do anything you want
Old 11-01-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

577 days is awesome bud
Old 11-03-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic Brad!!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

577 days, rocks, Brad.

I hope that you are able to connect with some sober people soon.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for the support! Means a lot to me, they have a young people's meeting tonight in my area think I might head to that around 7 instead of sitting in my apartment alone all night. Once again it's nice to hear everyone's words of encouragement and sympathy thanks again I hope everyone is doing well in their recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery