No
54.66%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Is your home alcohol free ?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Is your home alcohol free ?

Our home is alcohol free anyone who knows me respects that Mrs sw has no problem & has said she strongly supports it she gave up alcohol even though I told her she didn't have to she gives me a funny look if I press the issue

I know some people live with their other halves who drink I just wanted to see what a poll would produce

So with that being said is your home alcohol free thank you for taking the time to read & post

Old 10-26-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

why was my reply deleted?
Old 10-26-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovered

No one in our home drinks, so we are alcohol-free. We also have very few friends who drink. Those who would like to drink may bring their own, but so far no one yet has.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
why was my reply deleted?
There was a duplicate thread that didn't have the poll attached, sorry about that FreeOwl.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ahh....

well, dang.

The short answer is - sometimes yes, sometimes no. My Lady does drink here and there, but very little and quite infrequently. I have people over who drink sometimes, and I'll have alcohol to offer sometimes.

I have an old jug with some gnarly ancient whiskey on the top of the cupboard - it's a reminder and an artifact from my own life, my father's and that of a long-gone old woodsman friend of ours. Maybe one day I'll bury that in a ritual..... for now it sits.

My sponsor (35+ years sober) puts it this way; I can pour it for my friends, I can serve it to my wife, I can have it in my house and at my functions... hell, I can even wash my hair with it if I want to. I just don't drink it.

And that quote has stuck with me for a long time. Bottom line for me is my choice remains the same. If I'm gonna drink, it's never more than a quick trip to any of the six liquor stores or dozens of bars within a few miles of my house. Life goes on around me. Some people drink. Even some people very close to me. And that's OK. But I don't.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I can't say my home is alcohol -free because my brother drinks in secret, so there are wine bottles hidden in his room... but yes, it is supposed to be alcohol-free.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yes, we no longer keep alcohol in the house.

The big however, however, is at the holidays it is our turn to host extended family and also my husband's company party. So we will have alcohol then, but I will not drink.

After the parties , it is all out of here. The reality is, I won't be able to avoid being around it completely, because it's life on life's terms. But it's all on me to not drink myself.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I live on my own, soo that's a yes!!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep. Missus has always been teetotal anyway (she just doesn't like drinking)

As well as I'm doing, I'm not willing to have alcohol in my house at the moment. People can drink if they come over, as long as they take their booze with em when they go 😀

I was an at-home drinker. And luckily nobody there drinks, until my daughter grows up!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No alcohol in the house here either.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No alcohol in my house either unless my husband sneaks it in. He's one of us and says he wants sobriety but his actions belie that.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My wife drank very infrequently when I was drinking and she now doesn't drink at all either, other than perhaps an occasional glass of wine at a holiday/special event. We will occasionally have a bottle of wine brought to our home by family for their own consumption at a celebration but it either leaves with them or I dump it out after they leave.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

Yes it is. Both myself and my ex-wife are recovering addicts, so we've kept nothing in the house.

Going through a divorce right now, and there have been times where I've had to stay with parents for short periods of time. Their house is LOADED with booze, and I've come to the realization that I can't stay there anymore. It's really a no-brainer.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I used to worry about alcohol in the house, in early sobriety. Truth is, I see that as awfully silly, and an indictment to my sobriety now.

There is alcohol somewhere in my house. I pay no attention to it. My wife puts out beer and wine for family gatherings, and no one gets out of line.

But worrying about me finding and drinking alcohol is pretty much on the same level as me going and finding the bleach or paint thinner, and drinking that. Its poison, and its not good for me, so I don't put it in my mouth. Ever.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

My wife has a glass or two some nights and often leaves a half empty glass in the fridge. It doesn't bother me. Alcohol is not her problem, it's mine. I'm not sure why it doesn't call to me, it just doesn't.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Typically, yes - however on occasion I've had visiting family imbibe at their own peril in my home.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My husband doesn't drink, so if anyone bring it in the house it would be me. And I dont want to do that anymore.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

There's not been a drop in my house since I got sober.

My house, my rules. Which is a lot easier since I live alone. I'm not sure how fellow journeyers with booze in the house do it, especially in the early days.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Nope, my husband has a couple beers on the weekend, doesn't tempt me at all.