Yes
45.34%
No
54.66%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Is your home alcohol free ?

Old 10-26-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

A bar and a cabinet full. Some is belongs to my out of state family, some has been there since before I got clean. Was sort of a personal challenge at first not to drink it . Now it's just there. I have a stove in my house too but I don't put my hands on the burners.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I wish it was but I don't feel like I have the right to tell my SO she can't have wine in the house. She does for the most part keep it out of sight and doesn't tend to drink at home when I am home
Old 10-26-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It was hard at first but now I forget that it's there unless I see my man making a drink. I love being sober so much it doesn't bother me much anymore. It would be nice if we had an alcohol free house though.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Alcohol free for me. My girlfriend will occasionally have a glass of wine when we're out, maybe once a month. I don't have a problem with hotel minibars either. But I was unable to gain significant sobriety time previously when I lived with someone who drank nightly and kept it in the fridge. I just wanted to join in. I loved the taste of good wine and beer.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Totally alcohol free. It's just me, my 7 year old son and kitty Elvis so no alcohol is here.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

My home is alcohol free. My wife never drinks, so having it around is never a temptation. I'm very glad for this. I'm not sure I would have made it to 11 months sober if if were around the house. I'm fine turning it down at social events, restaurants, etc, but I've never had to face the temptation of an open bottle in my home. Other people's homes, but not my own.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It is unless I relapse
Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
I used to worry about alcohol in the house, in early sobriety. Truth is, I see that as awfully silly, and an indictment to my sobriety now.

There is alcohol somewhere in my house. I pay no attention to it. My wife puts out beer and wine for family gatherings, and no one gets out of line.

But worrying about me finding and drinking alcohol is pretty much on the same level as me going and finding the bleach or paint thinner, and drinking that. Its poison, and its not good for me, so I don't put it in my mouth. Ever.
Very well said. It is poison.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Mostly alcohol-free.

There is some vanilla extract in the kitchen cabinet. It's a big bottle from Costco, so there is enough in there to give me a buzz. When I was still drinking, I used to take sips when I was desperate. But since I quit drinking, I have had no urge to drink the vanilla extract.

There is also some Rescue Remedy, which is an alcohol-based herbal extract. My wife takes a drop every now and then, but I have not taken any since I quit drinking.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Earlier on in sobriety, when I lived on my own, my home was 100% alcohol-free. Now that I live with a partner, we still don't really store booze in the house, but occasionally his friends bring some wine when they visit and they have a glass or two with dinner. It does not bother me at all but would have been a very bad idea, I think, to be exposed to that in early sobriety when I struggled with cravings.

At this point, social drinking around me (if not overdone) does not bother me. I still would not keep alcohol in my home if I lived alone though as that was my problem pattern, I was a solo home drinker.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

There is alcohol everywhere in our house. I just don't drink it.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Most of the time I have wine in the fridge, very occasionally beer. I routinely cook with alcohol of various types. After three years sober I have no temptation to drink it, and I never have much more on hand than I need to make a specific dish.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you so much everyone
Old 10-27-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Adventurer

My wife has a small wine rack, it's in the corner and I don't give it much thought. I was never a wine guy but if I was she would have removed it. We have no beer or hard liquor in the house as those would be a bad thing I am sure.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Beer was my drink of choice. My husband still keeps wine, liquor, and a few asian spirits in the house but I've asked him to keep beer out, at least for a while. He's respected my wishes and for that I'm grateful. The other alcohol doesn't tempt me.

He drinks, sometimes not moderately, but it has become less frequent since I decided to stop. I focus on me and my need to stay sober.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

There is no booze in my house.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

No alcohol in our home. Or white chocolate. Or the spice cumin. Or any syrups or flavored creams for coffee or pumpkin flavored anything that isn't an actual pumpkin. There has been an unbroken streak of no meats like kidneys, tripe, liver, etc in anywhere I've lived. No extra-fiber energy bars or any of those granola things that are either thinly disguised candy or bathroom torture later.

The thought of any of those things in my house repels me. I wouldn't consume any of them, why would I allow them to be around? They're all gross (to me. So. Gross.) and don't represent my tastes.

They disturb me. I've tried them all and I know they are all wrong for me. I ain't gonna go poking at it.

xoxo
Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Only people in my house are me and my very minor son - I'd be the only one to buy it...and I'm not buying any
Old 10-27-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Guys
Old 04-05-2024, 04:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
needingtochange

Zombie threads..
20+ beers, which should probably be thrown out because they're too old. 30-40 bottles of spirits and 60 or so bottles of wine. I was a beer drinker so the rest doesn't even cross my mind.