Notices

Day 561

Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 561

As a 26 year old Line cook 561 days sober seems like a eternity, all the friends I know or have met all drink on the weekends or if not every night. I don't really do much since I work on the weekends but I do have Friday's off but my Friday's have been pretty boring since I don't drink. If I did go out I would order a non alcoholic drink but I think after a while it would feel weird with everyone else drinking and getting drunk and being the only sober one around. People are always telling me cmon you'll never drink again or you can just have one like these past 561 days haven't meant **** to me. To just throw it all away for one night.

It's frustrating sometimes others don't understand the will power and strength it takes to not drink or smoke or do drugs it's ******* hard! It's everywhere! I haven't been to a AA meeting since I've been sober but I've been contemplating on going to try to meet some new people that are on a similar mindset as myself but for now I'll just keep on plugging away at soberity with its many challanges along the way. Thanks for taking the time to read my post I hope everyone is doing ok and has a great weekend.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time Brad41989

why not think up fun things to do for next Friday that don't involve alcohol?

The one association I really needed to break was the one that told me I'd never have any fun without alcohol.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea I think I'm going to start going to AA meetings their right up the road from where I live and try to meet some people who I can do things with that don't involve drinking. I know their are fun things to do that don't involve alchol I just need to get those negative thoughts out of my head
Old 10-16-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you posted, Brad!

I find SR a great resource as well as making f2f meetings/making new friends. The combination helps me a ton. There is a kinship of instant understanding in the rooms I have found.

Grat's on 561 days - that's awesome!! Keep up the good work, friend
Old 10-16-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks fly n buy means a lot for the support I should use sober recovery more. I normally don't get worked up but it's just pretty depressing sitting at home every Friday night watching friends drink and have fun.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand where you are coming from. I am 28 and basically all of my friends (and family for that matter) drink on the weekends.

Honestly, I try to do fun and active things during the day and get to bed early. My Day still feels full because I get up early. I am not as far along in my sobriety as you are but this has helped me.

Recently I've tried rock climbing, hiking, zip lining on a ropes course, running, exploring nearby museums, visiting a farmers market and just walking through the isles... I've found not as many people drink everyday as I once thought(although I'm yet to become close friends with any).

I really like the idea of going to AA. I believe they have young persons meetings in certain places. Finding sober friends can only mAke the process better. Wishing you the best and congratulations on 561 days

♡Kamm
Old 10-17-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Kamm! I've had a friend who asked me to try to train jujitsu with him but it's 90$ a month and not sure I could afford that on the regular, as well as a men's hockey league but I work nights and that mostly when the games are. I'll find something sooner or later I aprciate the tips though. Tuesday's and Friday's off are make it hard to do weekend activities but like I said eventually I'll find something. I do go to the gym regularly but it would be nice to find something else
Old 10-17-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

wouldn't you have spent way more than $90 a month on booze tho, Brad?

D
Old 10-18-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jujitsu sounds awesome! Maybe just try it for a month and see if you like it/if it's worth the money??
Old 10-18-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 561 is fantastic Brad!!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Brad