Notices

Drank last night

Old 10-09-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drank last night

Hi everyone

I drank last night after 16 days of abstinence. My tolerance was shot and I ended up having to call into work sick. Even with that I still contemplated buying some wine for tonight but I told myself that's how lapses become relapses. So it's a sober Friday for me with iced coffee instead of wine. Sigh. Round and round it goes.
Claire.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Claire

at least you've proven to yourself you can be sober now - all you need to do now is go that next step and find out how to stay that way.

what kinds of things have you been doing to stay sober?

D
Old 10-09-2015, 01:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been in your shoes. I relapsed many times before finding sobriety on a daily basis. I also called out sick because of the hangover. So many times I ran out of excuses.
It doesn't have to be that way for you. As Dee said you've proven you can be sober, sixteen days is great. I just hate to see people go through what I went through with alcohol. It kills me to think about it.

It doesn't have to be that way for you. Please use all the resources you can to stay sober and save yourself a life of utter misery.
I missed so many things in life, besides work, because I was either drunk or hung over that it still pains me. All the lies. All the shame.

Wishing you the best, one day at a time.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up about it, Claire. You're on the iced coffee now and posting - you'll get there :-)
Old 10-09-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I've got a headache still and I just need to go to bed and close the door on this day. Dee - I have a great counsellor but every time she goes on leave or anything I tend to slip. Makes me wonder if I'm doing it more for her than me. I've also been using Antabuse but I haven't taken it in more than a week. Obviously leaving myself open to drinking. I had 36 sober days earlier this year. I've had more sober days this year than ever before but still. I'm not a fast learner clearly.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go at things again Claire!!

For me more support was very useful to get a second opinion on things, as in isolation my own willpower would be grinded down by my addiction which would be telling me of all the fairytale reasons as to why alcohol was a good idea.

Even posting on SR before having that drink could make all the difference, there's always many folks about that will give you the other side of the story!!

Hang in there!!
Old 10-09-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't drink tonight.

Try again.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi.

After 2 years of almost constant relapsing I was very lucky to “see the light” and want to get sober for myself after burning my soul to the ground so many times. I needed to want to be sober more than I wanted to escape with my “friend” alcohol.

I found sobriety centers around my self honesty about my drinking and accepting the fact I cannot drink in safety followed by much work and changes to this day many years later.

For me much of the changes I needed were automatically refused in my head then very reluctantly followed. As I recall each one was a gift regarding my still being sober a lot of years later.

It works if we WORK IT.

BE WELL
Old 10-09-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this Claire lots of ppl rooting for you