The Evil Eye

Old 10-07-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Evil Eye

Does your addicted family member ever give you the evil eye?
Old 10-07-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Required Reading

I discovered a POWERFUL book about a month ago. It's called "Without Remorse"- by Tom Clancy

It is extremely empowering. It's a an ex Navy Seal who falls in love with a young prostitute. She had been terribly mistreated by her pimp...tortured, RAPED. Well, he fell in love with her and then she got tortured and RAPED againand then they MURDERED her. Being the ex navy seal that he was, he was highly skilled of course. Something FLIPPED a switch in his mind and. well, he decided to redeem her. So he found all the people that had anything to do with her murder and he killed them. They were into drugs, the whole lot of them. He systematically ELIMINATED each and every one until they were all dead.

After all that was taken care of he married a nurse who had cared for her at one time.

I found the book HIGHLY motivating and as a co-dependent active in Al Anon I think it should be REQUIRED READING.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I finished "Without Remorse" about 2 weeks ago, I agree it was excellent.

It really appealed to me since I know many of the places mentioned in the book - Baltimore and locations on Chesapeake Bay (there was some artistic license taken with some of the Bay islands).

This work was published in 1993 which says something about both of our reading habits........maybe we both frequent the used book section at church bazaars? I am pretty sure that is where my copy came from....50 cents or so -- cheap at twice the price!

Jim
Old 10-07-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Evil eye?

My RADD is much more prone to utilize the patented "eye roll" when dealing with her "dinosaur dad".

Jim
Old 10-07-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
I discovered a POWERFUL book about a month ago. It's called "Without Remorse"- by Tom Clancy

It is extremely empowering. It's a an ex Navy Seal who falls in love with a young prostitute. She had been terribly mistreated by her pimp...tortured, RAPED. Well, he fell in love with her and then she got tortured and RAPED againand then they MURDERED her. Being the ex navy seal that he was, he was highly skilled of course. Something FLIPPED a switch in his mind and. well, he decided to redeem her. So he found all the people that had anything to do with her murder and he killed them. They were into drugs, the whole lot of them. He systematically ELIMINATED each and every one until they were all dead.

After all that was taken care of he married a nurse who had cared for her at one time.

I found the book HIGHLY motivating and as a co-dependent active in Al Anon I think it should be REQUIRED READING.
Ah, yes...Mr. Clark...and Pamela Madden...read it back in '94 and it's my favorite Clancy novel.

As to your initial question, i.e. the "evil eye"...never been on the receiving end of that one. Perhaps because I was too busy to notice it because I was dealing with all the other destructive stuff my AXGF was doing at the time.

We only put up with stuff because we choose to, for whatever reasons. What do you think will happen if you choose not to put up with the evil eye?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love Tom Clancy now and glad I started reading him.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Is this a book review or a question about "evil eye?" Yes, I have received that look several times. It is quite upsetting, as each time I was visiting the person when they were sick . . . not sure what inspires it. Can you say more about your own experiences?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Ah, yes...Mr. Clark...and Pamela Madden...read it back in '94 and it's my favorite Clancy novel.

As to your initial question, i.e. the "evil eye"...never been on the receiving end of that one. Perhaps because I was too busy to notice it because I was dealing with all the other destructive stuff my AXGF was doing at the time.

We only put up with stuff because we choose to, for whatever reasons. What do you think will happen if you choose not to put up with the evil eye?
Serious!? You like Tom Clancy too? Love Mr. Clark...He's my kinda guy!

'94 was an awesome year! I remember it well...
Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Clear And Present Danger

Originally Posted by JimC60 View Post
I finished "Without Remorse" about 2 weeks ago, I agree it was excellent.

It really appealed to me since I know many of the places mentioned in the book - Baltimore and locations on Chesapeake Bay (there was some artistic license taken with some of the Bay islands).

This work was published in 1993 which says something about both of our reading habits........maybe we both frequent the used book section at church bazaars? I am pretty sure that is where my copy came from....50 cents or so -- cheap at twice the price! It helps with insomnia...

Jim
Yeah, I think it would be cool to be reading a book and be familiar with the places that are in it!

I read Clear and Present Danger over the summer [even though it was written years ago] and now am working on Patriot Games. I was fascinated by Clear And Present Danger, the characters, the PLOT, the technical stuff, etc. But I especially liked Mr. Clark.- I would describe him as a brilliant chameleon! I am an avid reader.