Finding an Inpatient Treatment Program

Old 09-25-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding an Inpatient Treatment Program

My AH made a call today to an organization that helps with getting someone into a treatment program. Hours later, turns out they are not completely honest and are kinda shady about what is actually offered and the type of place they person stays in. The lady on the phone really had his hopes up with so many promises. He was so happy and even said it sounded too good to be true. And it was. He's scouring the Internet again trying to find more info for other places but he's getting overwhelmed. He called the insurance company and even a place that is in network is going to be $895 out of pocket. Which doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for us. I'm not the addict and I'm even overwhelmed trying to help him find info. Has anyone else had this problem? Now I'm worried about scammers taking advantage of people in our situation. These past couple days, he's actually showing interest in wanting to get serious help. Why is this so hard? And why do these places have to be so expensive! We are only getting started with this so I know why it's overwhelming right now, I'm just worried that he'll get so frustrated and say forget it. :-(
Old 09-25-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sairuhbeth View Post
My AH made a call today to an organization that helps with getting someone into a treatment program. Hours later, turns out they are not completely honest and are kinda shady about what is actually offered and the type of place they person stays in. The lady on the phone really had his hopes up with so many promises. He was so happy and even said it sounded too good to be true. And it was. He's scouring the Internet again trying to find more info for other places but he's getting overwhelmed. He called the insurance company and even a place that is in network is going to be $895 out of pocket. Which doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for us. I'm not the addict and I'm even overwhelmed trying to help him find info. Has anyone else had this problem? Now I'm worried about scammers taking advantage of people in our situation. These past couple days, he's actually showing interest in wanting to get serious help. Why is this so hard? And why do these places have to be so expensive! We are only getting started with this so I know why it's overwhelming right now, I'm just worried that he'll get so frustrated and say forget it. :-(
I went through the same thing. My XABF is a Veteran...we still couldn't find anywhere that could take him. We finally had to resort to having him go to a place where he paid $4k out-of-pocket...

You could try the Salvation Army program...I know there's a few non-profit organizations too...But, I feel your pain. What it came down to for my ex was that he was willing to go to any length to go to treatment..
Old 09-25-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sairuhbeth,

This is a shot in the dark and it may be the site you were already on today:

This is a listing of in-patient rehabs in Ohio.
28 Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab in OH - Ohio

Or try this one:

http://www.freetreatmentcenters.com/state/ohio

Going out of state will open more opportunities for your AH, but that may not be possible.

In patient rehab is expensive - I don't even want to mention what my RADD's 28 day in-patient program cost - just say there were lots of digits and commas involved.

Don't give up!

Jim
Old 10-09-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sairuhbeth View Post
The rehab my fiancé is in kind of tricked us with false info as well. They told him all of these great things, etc...gave us info, blah blah blah...then when we went to admit him into the program, they told us the actual info and then gave us only a couple minutes to embrace and say goodbye. Originally told it was a 6 month program and there would be a 3-month no-contact policy, that he'd get job placement and an apartment of his own, etc. I told him it was too good to be true, especially since this place is free, but he had such high hopes and was so excited about it that we went along with it....and sure enough, I slowly got the real info (it's a 12-month program, no-contact policy is 9-12 months, he has to stay for over a year before he gets job placement or an apartment, etc). I have to admit that I don't trust this place. I called a few other places to compare and now I don't know what to believe.

Like you said, some places just seem shady and like they don't want to tell you anything. I can see partly why: if they tell you how hard it's going to be upfront, a lot of addicts will lose their courage and won't go. If my fiancé's rehab had told us all the actual info upfront? No way would he have chosen that place. The only reason he's still staying is because he does want the help and he doesn't want to disappoint all of us who love him. And since he's a vet and this rehab has counseling specifically for PTSD (which he has), this was one of the only places we found that counsels for that.

All I can say is to call every place! Get as much info as you can, compare, and decide. It can be very frustrating, but I hope you find a place that is good for you guys and that is affordable. That's the hardest part...I was struggling to find a place that was affordable for us too, which is another reason why he stuck with this rehab he's in (it actually is free for him). Salvation Army is also free and will take him, that was our second option.