Took the kids and fled abusive AH this week

Old 10-02-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Took the kids and fled abusive AH this week

Hi all, I have been reading these forums for a long time now and I just wanted to thank every one of you for posting so honestly and frankly about living life with alcoholics and abusive spouses. I don't want to divulge a lot of details because he does stalk me online, but this past week I took my kids and left my abusive alcoholic husband. We are in a safe place now where we can live long term without him. I have family support. I have sworn to myself that I will never live with him again. I owe it to my kids and myself.

The posts on this forum have helped me so, so much in this process. Reading phrases I'd never heard before like "functional is a stage" and "nothing changes if nothing changes" and seeing all of you write about situations that I have also lived through... I cant count how many times I have seen people write posts of abuse and trauma, sadness, confusion, etc... posts that I could have written myself practically word for word.

So thank you, FaF group, you have all helped me and I am so glad that this forum exists. Keep on posting, keep on keepin it real, honest, harsh, yet kind like you do. Lets help more spouses get out of these awful situations and start living their lives. I'm finally looking forward to the future. My future, no longer dependent on an alcoholic spouse.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so very proud of you!!! You did the best thing for your kids-seriously. I have been there. It's scary, and when divircing soneone that is not all there (alcoholic) it can be downright awful (my ex stalks, harasses, does crazy scary stuff still). You keep the truth guarded in your heart and look in the eyes of your kids and know without a doubt you have just changed the course of their lives forever. Bravo to you!!! You are fierce and a warrior momma. Peace and love to you tonight!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers for you and yours! Glad you got out and you are safe!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((hugs)))) Wishing you peace and continued strength. It was such a brave step you took, Four.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

FourBigReasons, so proud of you for such courage to face one of the most difficult situations in life straight on and move into a safer, healthier life.

Understand about you not being able to post because you might be stalked. You can, however, send private messages to anyone on SoberRecovery that you want to. I think you have to have made 5 or 10 general posts before that option opens up to you.

All you have to do is click on the SoberRecovery member's name, and a menu will pop up which I believe includes "send private message". To be best of my knowledge, none of that is available to be seen by anyone but the sender and the recipient. You might need to delete the copies of the email under your screen name if you think the stalker has your screen name and password.

Maybe a moderator could confirm if I am correct on this?

Anyway, you are welcome to send a PM (private message) to me, and I would expect that most all of us would like to be a private support team for you.

ShootingStar1
Old 10-03-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WooHooo!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^all of the above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-03-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FBR- Stay strong!! A's know how to work us. If you are not already you might want to go No Contact. He will threaten you with all sorts of stuff. If there is a family member that could be your go between, so you don't get sucked back in and threatens you to come back.

You can do this, no new contact means no new hurts!! Anything we can help you with reach out. Educate yourself about this horrible disease. You and your kids will be OK!!!
Old 10-03-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Four! Your future is a blank canvas, go paint yourself a happy life...
Old 10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow...You have such strength in your words. I don't know if you feel that way, but i can read it in you! Yes, we do all need to help where we can when the opportunity presents itself and we are asked. You will have one incredible testimony of survival to share that will help another pull themselves out of despair with the hope that is in you. Its amazing how that works, - kind of like paying it forward, huh?
Hugs...you sound like you are well on your way to living healthy and happy in every way. Stay safe!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you for taking that step!!!Your kids will be forever grateful for leaving the insanity. Your future is wide open and great things await you. Stay strong and healthy.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats to you on your new freedom ~

You are very brave - it's not an easy thing to walk away - it takes lots of strength & courage ~ what a wonderful gift of HOPE for a better way that you have given yourself & your children!

BIG PINK HUGS!