Your Own Joyous Path

Old 09-18-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your Own Joyous Path

Your own joyous path

Every joy, every treasure, every fulfillment that you could imagine is available to come into your life. It is only your insistence on continuing to need these things that keeps them apart from you.

The moment you stop needing, that’s when you start allowing. Your connection to life’s abundance is limited only by your failure to see it.

As long as you think of yourself as needing something, you will continue to be without it. As long as you assume that the road to fulfillment is blocked in some way, you will not be able to travel that road.

But the only thing really blocking the pathway is your own perception. Take the first step, and you will see for yourself that the way is clear for you to move forward.

Stop imagining what you need, and start realizing the true and boundless value of what you have. Allow the abundance that is already yours to express itself as the fulfillment of your most magnificent dreams.

Let go of the need to need. And find your own joyous path through the richness that extends in every direction.

— Ralph Marston
Old 09-18-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

For many years I felt that the door was locked to my happiness, to a better way of living. I felt like a prisoner who would see goodness all around me but could never get through that door to pursue it.

And then I discovered that the door was locked from the inside. It was only myself that was barring the way.

Unlock your door today, find the goodness and embrace the joy...it is out there just waiting for you to open the door.

Hugs
Old 09-18-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pia

What a great read for me this morning about to start my day.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ann is a treasure. I take back everything I've ever said in my jealous
rantings about the Canadian nation.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann for such an inspiring post.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Ann is a treasure. I take back everything I've ever said in my jealous
rantings about the Canadian nation.
You? Rant?

Vale, we will make you an honourary (spelled with a "U") citizen any time.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the reading. I try to begin each day by reading something inspirational and then take time to "feel" what it means. It's a great way to set my attitude to positive and then begin my day.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh y'all make me laugh !! Thanks Ann - and Vale
Old 09-20-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann! (and Vale!)

Inspiring and so true. I passed my one year anniversary from re-starting my recovery last year...and when you two were so very awesome in lifting me up and letting me know that I am capable of facing things and making it.

So many treasures in life...the sun that shines, the trees that spread their greenery over us, the hills, the ocean, the love we feel for others when we can remember that we cannot fix them...just love them.

I am so blessed to have found this place.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for the smiles that you give always.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow. I really needed this right now. Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Beautiful Ann, thank you.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

dang i love Ralph! and i really love it when Ann channels Ralph!!!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well aren't you all just the sweetest people.

I love Ralph too, he's one of my "go to" daily readings and I am happy that so many of you find inspiration from him too.

Irisgarden, has it been a year? You have come so far and are one of the most amazing people I have known here...you and Vale and Anvil and...well you ALL inspire me each day.

Hugs and Hugs
Old 09-21-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You posted this Saturday, and I really hoped to write then, but here's what I want to share about a "joyous path," literally. Saturday was the Walk for Recovery in our city and I was a happy participant this year. We seem to have outgrown our venue, which is an impressive sign that stigma is weakening around addiction. I walked between and among family members of addicts and with recovering addicts who had days and decades to celebrate in recovery. I was able to chat with my NarAnon group members (who formed a team) about things NOT related to addiction, to enjoy the lovely autumn day, to admire babies and dogs and families. It was a joyous walk on a well-worn path in my neighborhood that I am fortunate to take a few times per week. I have walked this lake in great sorrow, despair, and frustration. Lately though, it has been a walk of calm, love, and joy about my life right now.

Thanks, Ann, for the post.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

GardenMama, your words made me feel like I was walking with you. What a wonderful day that must have been. I always feel that no matter what path or what side of addiction brings us to recovery, once we reach that path we are walking together toward the same light.

Thank you for warming my heart tonight.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

So grateful for my recovery program, the God of my understanding and all the wonderful recovery friends - now family that are in my life that helped me unlock that door to a PINKfully happy life!

Thanks for posting Ann!
BIG PINK HUGS!
Old 09-25-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"Take the first step, and you will see for yourself that the way is clear for you to move forward."

What is the first step?
This is hard for me to wrap my brain around. I get it but how do I get there?
Old 09-25-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

But the only thing really blocking the pathway is your own perception. Take the first step, and you will see for yourself that the way is clear for you to move forward.
Mamma, for me what held me back was fear, I was afraid if I stopped hovering over my son's life, even though it was destroying my own, that he would die. Fear is what kept me stuck where I was.

When I took the first step, which for me was to go to meetings and to come to SR, I began to see that the "perception" that I had any power over life and death was an illusion, I am simply not that powerful and my son would find recovery or continue using regardless of how much I allowed fear to rule my life. Only God has the power of life and death, and once I left my perception behind and believed that to be true, I could say a prayer every morning and give my son's care to Him, and then life my life in faith that all was well.

Once I dared to step forward, I stepped out of the problem (my son's addiction) and into the solution (my own recovery) and my life changed forever. Fear is no longer welcome in my life. The antidote was faith and as long as I keep my faith I can continue to move forward and grow each day.

Hope that helps. Didn't mean to be so wordy.

Hugs