Notices

I'm still sober

Old 09-16-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm still sober

15 days since my last drink, not really a super massive achievement since I didn't drink everyday anyway. Only one really bumpy day so far, although that av is trying to make me stressed out tonight for no reason in the hopes it can get me to drink. I'm tired as well so that's not helping!
I'm not in a bad position, and I have no intentions to drink. I'm just really trying to instill a new behaviour that every time the av pops up that I post here, so that it becomes second nature. It may help on the days when the av is strong.

I had a personal trainer work with me on a program yesterday, so I can actually start sorting my health out. Tonight is my last night smoking. I am serious about turning this life around.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.
Continue the good work.

I needed to concentrate on not drinking one day at a time in a row and try to EASY DOES IT.

It took me a few years to attempt to stop smoking, though certainly not healthy I didn’t want to fail on sobriety which to me was more important at the time.

BE WELL
Old 09-16-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One day at a time. Good work on fifteen days. That's great.

I try posting a bit every day. Reaching out and supporting others helps keep my av quieter.

Keep going!
Old 09-16-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 15 days Kami
Old 09-16-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

15 days is great however you count it, Kamie

D
Old 09-16-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys 😊

I do check in from time to time, I just don't really post. I don't really have any words of wisdom to give to anyone to reply as yet as I have failed miserably everytime that I have tried in the past. I'm more of a hinderence than a help right now. Plus there are days I just don't think about drinking at all, so I don't want to poke a sleeping bear if you know what I mean. Not right now anyway, as I get stronger I'm going to be in a much better position to help others.

I've just had my last cigarette so I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of praying over the next few days. I've made a fruit smoothy and an afternoon snack to keep the low blood suger at bay.

I can do this 😊
Old 09-16-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kamie1 View Post
Thanks guys 😊

I do check in from time to time, I just don't really post. I don't really have any words of wisdom to give to anyone to reply as yet as I have failed miserably everytime that I have tried in the past. I'm more of a hinderence than a help right now. Plus there are days I just don't think about drinking at all, so I don't want to poke a sleeping bear if you know what I mean. Not right now anyway, as I get stronger I'm going to be in a much better position to help others.

I've just had my last cigarette so I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of praying over the next few days. I've made a fruit smoothy and an afternoon snack to keep the low blood suger at bay.

I can do this 😊
Kamie, I quit smoking years ago. The things that helped me were visualizing myself not smoking. For example, driving without a cigarette in my hand. Also, changing my routine: I smoked after lunch so I changed my routine and ate in a different place or walked a different route back to my office after lunch. And, I started a regular workout program. Good luck! You'll feel better right away!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kamie1 View Post
15 days since my last drink, not really a super massive achievement since I didn't drink everyday anyway. Only one really bumpy day so far, although that av is trying to make me stressed out tonight for no reason in the hopes it can get me to drink. I'm tired as well so that's not helping!
I'm not in a bad position, and I have no intentions to drink. I'm just really trying to instill a new behaviour that every time the av pops up that I post here, so that it becomes second nature. It may help on the days when the av is strong.

I had a personal trainer work with me on a program yesterday, so I can actually start sorting my health out. Tonight is my last night smoking. I am serious about turning this life around.
15 days is a big deal... way to go!

Keep it up.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kamie,
there is no need for words of wisdom. words of experience are cool
and often it's a simple "hello" that's needed and helpful.

for me, getting really engaged daily on a forum with others was a huge help; a give-and-take.
much like having a trainer and exercising several times a week instead of only when you're in bad shape, having a routine about stuff like talking with others is of real use.