Notices

Question About Sleep

Old 09-10-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question About Sleep

You can look at my past post to see my journey. I went from scared and very dependant to now running 5-6 days a week. Drinking much less on weekends socially with only a few slip ups that I learned from. I feel amazing. I look better and I have lost 10 pounds but I still struggle with sleep. Cravings are not there. I crave the run not the bottle. I take 5HTP and Valerian Root and drink Camomile tea.

My BP rises at bed time just as it would on day 1, 2, and 3 when I was still so scared. Sometimes while I am just asleep I will wake up from some kind of shakes. I was never a daily drinker or a day drinker nor ever suffered DT's or seizures. I was the after work binge guy but have given up liquor for a month and still struggle with falling asleep. Once asleep its dreamy land time till the alarm goes off.

I am much happier now that I dont binge drink and am no longer so scared I am an addict. Anyone on the fence about quitting the binge please do. You wake so refreshed. Any advice on sleep or what this shaking thats hard to wake from is your advice and opinion is appreciated.

Thanks,

BD84
Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bump. Anybody experienced this?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Every time you go back to drinking you have to go through withdrawals again.

I wasn't able to stop the anxiety/shaking/sleep problems/other symptoms until I had many months of total abstinence.

Google "kindling."
Old 09-10-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Google sleep myths to see if you recognize anything in those lists that you may be doing to sabotage sleep.

Are you still drinking even if you're not binging? Alcohol interferes with sleep. And your body is still readjusting. It took me longer than a month to get back to normal sleep.

Hang in there.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What about your phone? A phones screen can disrupt sleep immensly If viewd for a long time at night. It might be small, but its a pain in the ass.

I thought it was alcohol and withdrawals when I had the same problem, turns out it was my phone.

You can download a app , it gets rid of blue light, I use "twilight"
Old 09-10-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.
In a time of the dinosaurs when I got sober sleep was a concern of many also the response from those old timers was no one died from lack of sleep, made us uncomfortable true and was a remember when so we might seriously consider the results of drinking again.

It will get better with time.

BE WELL