Notices

How is everyone doing?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Princess

How is everyone doing?

hey sobers friends, I'm truly happy to be here on this site, it's my 2nd day.
It's been 8 weeks sober for me as in no local beer for the evening where I would think I needed that to feel good! I would eventually feel like I was in a stupor and less intelligent now that I remember those nights.

But now I feel more confident in who I am and becoming. I also was able to do a LOT of yard work today and ending the evening by grilling up some steaks and apple juice as my beverage of choice! I look forward to another evening of total sobriety and nothing holding me back!

How's everyone doing?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm doing really well too. I also love working in my yard, it gives a real feeling of accomplishment to see the grass mowed neatly, the plants cleaned up, etc.
Apple juice! What a good idea! it used to be my favorite as a kid, I'll have to look for some. It is also getting cooler here, apple cider might be nice. I've been on a pineapple juice kick for a while.

Today I am headed to the beach with my kids. We are going to take a picnic and enjoy one of the last days of sun and warmth. Two nights ago I put on the heavy comforter on my bed, it was such a pleasure to get under the heavy covers and enjoy that sensation sober!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doing pretty good myself. Good job on 8 weeks!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stuck at home with a bad cold for 3 days. But when i am better iam going to continue onto my gym lifting goals, after going sober I can't stay out of the gym!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Princess

Sounds great people! @meravigliosio that's so encouraging to take ur children out to the beach and make great memories!
Thanks Lorax!
@mudruski have u tried organic raw honey for your cold? It could help...
Old 09-10-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Paper and all.. wow 8 weeks go team go.. you have a great time at the beach.. wet here in wisconsin.. I am feeling better. . we now know why I have the bladder problems so often.. hahahahah sharing hubby shares everything. hahahahah hugs ardy
Old 09-10-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Paper, day 2!! Well done..... Doing great here... I think I'm past a year now!! Gave up counting days as I felt it put pressure on me. Sun is shining here in the UK.. life is good!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Great job on 8 weeks. Doing great myself.

Just saw a great quote on someone's signature here:

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."

That's sticking with me, today.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Princess

Hilarious Ardy! Thanks. Good morning all!
At Jezza congrats on ur sobriety,, good to have this site and not feel judged for trying to get better by sharing what we've been thru! I just now modified my profile and it reminded me a lot of when MySpace was popular and how I always customized my profile every day :P now it's drab Facebook and all the crickets if I post that I use to drink and don't anymore!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Princess

Good quote Fenaceman, congrats on ur sobriety!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Paper I'm doing good, thanks for asking!

Congrats on 8 weeks, I'm 69 days here, and loving every day sober
Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Princess

That's awesome Carver, days are much more enjoyable! Love waking up ready to do what needs to be done!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning, paper, and to all of you. Congrats!!

Day 2 began this morning. I can't say that I slept well as it has been very hot here. But I woke up without a headache and my heart pounding, which feels great. (I wonder if at the end of your drinking any of you experienced that: mild hangover symptoms, even after just one or two drinks).

Anyway, tonight will be a bit of a challenge. My partner will be gone this evening, which is often a trigger/excuse for me to drink as I prefer to drink by myself. My plan is to work a bit late at the office since I have a few things to finish up and then immediately come home and take the dogs for a walk. I'll keep myself busy finishing a few chores and then early to bed. And I will check in here regularly too in the evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

8 weeks is fantastic
Old 09-10-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job on 8 Weeks!!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Im doing pretty ok! Not too far behind you just rocked up 7 weeks Congrats on your progress x
Old 09-10-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Right now there is a part of my life that really sucks and it is causing me significant anxiety. I'm seeing a lawyer tomorrow, and for the first time in my life I may initiate a lawsuit.

I've been dealing with this situation for a month, but the good news is I'm not going to drink over it. Not even close.

The program of AA has helped me to find serenity and peace, despite the "poop" that's been dumped on me. Several years ago my coping strategy would have involved a bottle. Now, I don't even consider it, and for that I'm thankful.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

A little nervous---checking in first time

Hi everyone! This is my first day on the site, and my 6th sober day.

This is the first time I've stayed sober for this long by my own choice in 4 years. I suddenly had the realization (after a shameful low) that I would have to be insane to continue accepting the new rock bottom as the highest peak in life until the next spiral downward.

I wish I could say I'm feeling the euphoria of newfound sobriety, but it has not been easy all the time. I do feel that it will come slowly, though---I recognize that each day has in fact gotten better. One thing for certain is that every single day I have woken up after not drinking (even though I'm currently having trouble sleeping) has been unquestionably, empirically better than any number of days when I have woken up feeling like I'm on the edge of death, and then having to get through 8-12 hours of that.

I'm also here because I had an absurd thought today (that actually didn't feel like me at all, but seemed to override my rational choice without my permission), planning out in great detail how I would go stock up for my next secretive binge. Well, I'm here so that I'll report back tomorrow, "Nope, that didn't happen!"

And, Paper, mad respect for you! In these past 6 days, even though I've felt foggy, I've accomplished
Old 09-11-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

to all this Friday 9/11 2015 play and close your eyes and enjoy...

https://youtu.be/VitIDrgGur8