Notices

Day2

Old 08-23-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day2

If I don't post this here then it doesn't become official and I might go back to the same old routine I've been stuck in. Today is my second day without weed. I'll add some more to this thread later on, I just needed to finally post this and stop contemplating on actually doing it.....
Old 08-23-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
learning to live

Congrats on day 2. Say hello to day 3 tomorrow you can do this!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job soberish!
I guess getting clean from pot is a little different from alcohol; maybe the withdrawals aren't as dangerous but it takes a lot longer for the stuff to be out of your system completely. Hang in there!
Old 08-23-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Congrats on day 2! Stay close and keep posting- you can do this!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really great bud
Old 08-24-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Today is day 3 with no marijuana and it's really not that big of a deal because I've been through this before and know what to expect. When I say its not that big of a deal im talking mostly of how I feel, my mood, etc.

The big deal for me is that I keep saying I'm going to stop and I don't follow through with it, which after a while starts to really eat at me. Sure I have got to the point where I cut down to smoking once a day, and only a hit or two at that, but actually calling it quits has been unsuccessful. I keep saying I'm going to post here, but I was very hesitant because I didn't want to post here and relapse right away. To me, if I post here it's going to be a serious attempt at quitting so I saved it for when I would be completely serious about seizing pot from my life.

So why now? Well, I'm a strong believer in that old saying 'everything happens for a reason'. I am attempting to transfer out to a GREAT college that I have worked extremely hard to get into, all this happening in less than a month now and everything has been going wrong. I have been unsuccessful in finding a place, partly because of money and partly because I have no credit. Commuting was out of the question because I know how hard it would be to do so, but after no success in finding a place to take me in, commuting became a feasible option. Once I got my mind wrapped around the idea of commuting temporarily until I get enough money to get on my feet, my car overheated. According to my mechanic, I blew the head gasket which is going to cost a very pretty penny to fix.

So now I've been super stressed out but its alright cause everything happens for a reason. I didn't want to start this new school smoking weed and having that monkey on my back, and if this wouldn't have happened then I might have just started school and carried this with me. To me this is my wake up call to take that extra step to do what my conscious has been telling me to do. I will start and attend school weed free whatever the cost will be. If i need a small room with a bike then so be it.

I have been drinking some beers to help curve my weed cravings, and I'm finding it hard to eat, but this is what happened last time and it worked out until a relapse I had years later. I know drinking can be worse and that replacing one addiction for another is a bad thing but its only temporary. Weed is a bigger problem for me than alcohol, and I plan to not be drinking or smoking pot when I make the transition to the new school.

Once again, thank you all very much for your support. It feels good to post this thread and finally make this official.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 3 bud
Old 08-24-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats soberish

Feel free to check out the Marijuana Addiction forum too

NEW! Marijuana Addiction - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 08-24-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link Dee, I like that you guys started a marijuana forum here.

As for how today went, I had a minor slip up earlier. Looks like I'm back to day 1 tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a lot of us who smoked weed for a long time here Soberish.

First thing I had to do was throw out all my paraphernalia and the remnants of my stash. Then I had to not hang around smokers and smoking buddies for a while.

It's a big change but it's been incredibly worth it for me

Some of these links helped me back in the day - they may help you too?

http://oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-...ijuana-manual/
http://www.nevdgp.org.au/info/std_mi...juanaQuit.html
https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/...from-marijuana

D
Old 08-25-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on taking this step.

I had weed in my life and in my body for much of 25 years or so.

It took me several attempts to finally let it go, and I found that there was a very powerful tie between alcohol and pot. For me to be successful, I had to get them both out of my body and life.

That took some time and wasn't easy, but the result has been so worth it. I wish you luck and I wanted to share my experience as a caution when I read you're using alcohol to manage cravings. Replacing one drug with another is a risky strategy, in my experience.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There's a lot of us who smoked weed for a long time here Soberish.

First thing I had to do was throw out all my paraphernalia and the remnants of my stash. Then I had to not hang around smokers and smoking buddies for a while.

It's a big change but it's been incredibly worth it for me

Some of these links helped me back in the day - they may help you too?

Quitting Marijuana a 30 Day Self Help Guide // OADE // University of Notre Dame
MARIJUANA – A Guide to Quitting
https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/...from-marijuana

D
I know I've seen those first two links somewhere down the line, I want to say they came from a previous post of yours Dee . Even though I've seen them before, they helped me again because one thing I used to do a lot when I quit a few years back was surf the internet on quitting marijuana. When I read through some of the symptoms I can actually relate, which is a big reminder to myself that these mood swings and cravings will pass. Re-reading through the section about different triggers on those links reminded me that I need to surf around the net from time to time because I find it useful to keep me from lighting up. As for the Marijuana Anonymous link, I actually used to attend the online sessions years ago and actually had a one year chip sent to me in the mail. I didn't follow all the steps of MA but I did find the sessions to be helpful. After I started smoking again somewhere around 2 years, I sadly through my chip away.....

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Congratulations on taking this step.

I had weed in my life and in my body for much of 25 years or so.

It took me several attempts to finally let it go, and I found that there was a very powerful tie between alcohol and pot. For me to be successful, I had to get them both out of my body and life.

That took some time and wasn't easy, but the result has been so worth it. I wish you luck and I wanted to share my experience as a caution when I read you're using alcohol to manage cravings. Replacing one drug with another is a risky strategy, in my experience.
After my hiccup yesterday, I made the decision to stay away from beer/alcohol, at least for a while. I say at least for a while because quitting one thing is hard enough.

But after staring at these last two sentences above for about 5 minutes and re-reading it, I've decided to take my last tall can and pour it down the drain because those two sentences sound pathetic. I haven't drank OR smoked today, so I guess today is Day 1 for both weed AND alcohol. Thank you very much for this post FreeOwl.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Grats on day one soberish

D
Old 08-25-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You know.....what I started thinking about right now was how I used to use alcohol when I quit weed last time. Not having marijuana made me a nervous wreck last time and I used alcohol to "act normal" when I would hang out with friends. This time around, I'm not nearly as nervous as I was before. Maybe because I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, or maybe because I have been working out and it helps with my stress/anxiety.

I used alcohol as a crutch last time, and the reason I started working out was because I had read that it helps with recovery. Working out and eating good food is something I haven't lost since my first time quitting, it has worked miracles for my mood and stress levels. I don't need alcohol this time around. For all I know, it probably prolonged my recovery and I don't want that this time.

I recommend working out and getting some great nutrition for anyone trying to quit their bad drug/alcohol habit, it really helped me a lot.