Thread: Day2
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Soberish

Thank you all for the kind encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Today is day 3 with no marijuana and it's really not that big of a deal because I've been through this before and know what to expect. When I say its not that big of a deal im talking mostly of how I feel, my mood, etc.

The big deal for me is that I keep saying I'm going to stop and I don't follow through with it, which after a while starts to really eat at me. Sure I have got to the point where I cut down to smoking once a day, and only a hit or two at that, but actually calling it quits has been unsuccessful. I keep saying I'm going to post here, but I was very hesitant because I didn't want to post here and relapse right away. To me, if I post here it's going to be a serious attempt at quitting so I saved it for when I would be completely serious about seizing pot from my life.

So why now? Well, I'm a strong believer in that old saying 'everything happens for a reason'. I am attempting to transfer out to a GREAT college that I have worked extremely hard to get into, all this happening in less than a month now and everything has been going wrong. I have been unsuccessful in finding a place, partly because of money and partly because I have no credit. Commuting was out of the question because I know how hard it would be to do so, but after no success in finding a place to take me in, commuting became a feasible option. Once I got my mind wrapped around the idea of commuting temporarily until I get enough money to get on my feet, my car overheated. According to my mechanic, I blew the head gasket which is going to cost a very pretty penny to fix.

So now I've been super stressed out but its alright cause everything happens for a reason. I didn't want to start this new school smoking weed and having that monkey on my back, and if this wouldn't have happened then I might have just started school and carried this with me. To me this is my wake up call to take that extra step to do what my conscious has been telling me to do. I will start and attend school weed free whatever the cost will be. If i need a small room with a bike then so be it.

I have been drinking some beers to help curve my weed cravings, and I'm finding it hard to eat, but this is what happened last time and it worked out until a relapse I had years later. I know drinking can be worse and that replacing one addiction for another is a bad thing but its only temporary. Weed is a bigger problem for me than alcohol, and I plan to not be drinking or smoking pot when I make the transition to the new school.

Once again, thank you all very much for your support. It feels good to post this thread and finally make this official.