Drained

Old 07-14-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drained

The day after going back to Alnon meeting, I went to see my therapist which was very helpful but emotionally draining. Had to meet with my ABF so he could help me do something. Does anyone else feel like their significant other is ultra ******* sensitive about anything an everything.They act like they have been stabbed in the aorta, when they ask a question and don't like answer bc it's the truth. All of the sudden they want to talk about a serious topic on the phone when it should really be discussed in person. Smh, no buddy I am not gonna do it your not dragging me into this potential madness. I have set my boundaries and they are mine and I really don't care how you feel about em. Sorry I just needed to vent
Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vent on Girl...... Keep your chin up!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's manipulation for you

I've never been so drained as after those circular and infuriating conversations with my former ABF--but remember it's not you, it's him. I had to keep telling myself that after years of combative conversations in which I was constantly told I did not know what I was talking about and was delusional--and also that I was the one with the drinking problem. Transferrance or projection or whatever you want to call it. When he points a finger at you, three point back to him.
Stay strong and focus on your own self-love and self-respect. That finally helped me develop my own independence from the alcoholic.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG!!!!!! Cmslind, he so nit picky about everything and says he only does it be he loves me and wants me to approve. I told him it just sounds like your just picking apart everything that makes me who iam.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get rid of him !!!