Notices

freaking out

Old 07-07-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

freaking out

So I have ocd, ptsd, anxiety, and major depression....I have always known Ive had problems. But I feel like some kind of alien, with all these labels. I was put on lexapro 10mg, not doing anything at all. Same old me...clean for at least 4hrs, work 9 hrs, mom to 3 and married. Blehhh. Why am I not happy 😐
Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm glad you're here looking for answers.

I think it's good to remember when taking these medications that it takes a long time for some of them to become fully effective, and we will all react differently to them. I had to try a few before I found one that worked. For me it took about 3 months and I didn't care for the side effects of "cobwebs in the brain" but I stuck with it and eventually felt "better and normal".
Old 07-08-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending you love sister - I often wonder if medication does anything, or is placebo effect or whatever. From what I can tell it's a normal thought we have. I'm not sure how long you've been on it but ssris can take time. On top of that, it's important for me to work on myself through therapy
I get caught up in the labels- it's especially hard when I'm unemployed -I csn become my labels. I have ptsd, and ptsd related anxiety and depression so it is the reason I have been fired from my jobs, the reason I can't go to a lot of large events with my friends, the reason the 4th of July fire works freaked me out -but I pretended to b normal and enjoy it like everyone else but was secretly waiting to either be shot- or grabbed by someone from behind .
a lot of times I feel like I am just going through the motions, waiting for things to get better day in and day out - I often think - can't it just get better already? Even for a dsy?
You are not alone,
if you have been on your sSri for a while with no improvement talk to your dr.
Feel free to pm me if you want to chit chat
hope things get better