When does the punishment stop?

Old 06-25-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When does the punishment stop?

Started making plans 6-8 weeks ago for a day at the lake on the 3rd of July. Took the day off of work etc. well 2 weeks ago stbxah started getting the kids ready to go camping over the 4th. I had no prior knowledge of this camping trip.

Well I text my tenitive schedule to the kids today ( I figured is just meet them there) and asked who was going with me. Well I got no answer. So I texted again and asked them who was going. Girls never answered and ds(17)came inside and wanted to know what I was talking about. So I explained I made plans for the third with them and had no prior knowledge of this camping trip. I was informed that the reservations were made in January and he does not know what these people have planned for that day and I should talk to his dad.

Well if I say anything to stbxah he calls the police and says I'm hurrassing him.

I just feel like I'm being punished for sticking up for myself by filing for divorce.

So now what do I do?
Old 06-25-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can I ask cricket, did you make these plans with the kids' knowledge when you started?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you have a parenting plan? What does the parenting plan say?
Old 06-25-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I just found out that the kids did know of the camping trip but did not tell me. So now I made plans without knowledge of his plans the kids knew but did not know the camping dates and I end up looking stupid. Grrr all around
Old 06-25-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

did you communicate YOUR plans to the dad? and the kids?
Old 06-25-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cricket123 View Post
Well I just found out that the kids did know of the camping trip but did not tell me. So now I made plans without knowledge of his plans the kids knew but did not know the camping dates and I end up looking stupid. Grrr all around
It happens. Parenting time planning and negotiation can be rough. Having a parenting plan helps greatly reduce these mishaps and issues.

Try to roll with it.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Any attemp in Talking to the stbxah results in him calling the police saying I am harassing him. And yes I did communicate with the kids about 6 weeks ago to save the date. In that time none of them thought to say hay dad made some camping resivations for sometime around there. That ticks me off. I'm sure stbxah told them to not tell me.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it might not be that sinister. since you two don't communicate directly TO each other it is very easy for plans to collide. and children aren't always super reliable when it comes to dates and times.

in the future could you send a note home with the kids about any plans. like a memo? it is entirely possible that no matter what YOU do, he will continue to do exactly as HE wishes. can you still go camping? can you invite some friends or co-workers?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Get a parenting plan. Then you won't really have to communicate as much.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cricket....let him call the police. They take a dim view of people who misuse the system......

Make a decision and go with it.....
He is going to sense your "wimpiness" when dealing with him...and it feeds his passion for upsetting you.....

This man is a paper tiger....

dandylion
Old 06-25-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would suggest a great website that helps with this type of situation..ourfamilywizard.com
My ex also liked to stir the pot...tried to cause issues. This website documents everything...you send an email, they get the notification...you have record of the documentation...you can even send attachments for say medical records or receipts. I highly recommend it...keeps the kids out of the whole communication issues as well...sounds like he is just bitter..