Notices

Hi guys

Old 06-09-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Hi guys,

Stewy checking in 232 days, is everyone ok?

Things are better at work and with my girlfriend we've had a good week this week.

I wanted to ask has anyone had acid reflux / persistent heartburn?

I'm having it at the moment and am seeing the doc about it. I've taken lansoprazole for it before which eliminates discomfort, but that doesn't really get to the bottom of what's causing it.

Anyone know anything about it? It does concern me and to be honest a work colleague was talking about a guy she knew who got stomach cancer and died at 40 which has escalated my worries
Old 06-09-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I used to have heartburn as a kid pretty bad. I used to eat these circular tablets -- can't remember what they're called any more. Anti-acid things though. Probably at least 35% of the time after eating I would get heartburn though.

Can't remember how or why it went away, but think it was just a childhood thing that took care of itself. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Stewy! Congratulations on 232 days--that is awesome. I think that acid reflux can be common for many folks and treatable even with dietary changes. That being said, if you find that it is persistent, you may want to go to a doctor and have it checked out.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 232 days Stewy hope you get the acid reflux sorted out
Old 06-09-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I got down to a healthy weight my reflux went away. Exercise and healthy food are the ticket for lots of woes.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 232 days! Heartburn and acid reflux is no fun. Mine is tied to my weight. Within a few days of eating healthier and losing even a couple of pounds it mostly goes away. It's good that you have your doc involved.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Really glad things are better for you at work and with your girlfriend, Stewy
Old 06-09-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My partner has this and takes prescription meds every day and that sorts it. He had to have a tiny camera down his throat at the hospital to rule out the scary stuff first, then sorted. ... all this was painless, so hope its the same for you.
232 days!! wow, respect!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
I used to have heartburn as a kid pretty bad. I used to eat these circular tablets -- can't remember what they're called any more. Anti-acid things though. Probably at least 35% of the time after eating I would get heartburn though. Can't remember how or why it went away, but think it was just a childhood thing that took care of itself. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Thanks Troy, yeah I just bought some over the counter things and trying them out. Seeing if they tide me over until I see the Gp
Old 06-09-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Hi, Stewy! Congratulations on 232 days--that is awesome. I think that acid reflux can be common for many folks and treatable even with dietary changes. That being said, if you find that it is persistent, you may want to go to a doctor and have it checked out.
Thanks Matilda, yes I'll get it looked at, it may be linked to the anti depressant medication that I'm on
Old 06-09-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congrats on 232 days Stewy hope you get the acid reflux sorted out
Thanks Soberwolf mate
Old 06-09-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Really glad things are better for you at work and with your girlfriend, Stewy
Cheers soberpotamus!!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FarToGo View Post
My partner has this and takes prescription meds every day and that sorts it. He had to have a tiny camera down his throat at the hospital to rule out the scary stuff first, then sorted. ... all this was painless, so hope its the same for you. 232 days!! wow, respect!
Cheers far to go,

I'll go see the GP and see what they say perhaps they may do some diagnostics, I do have to do some dietary changes too