Notices

Incomer needing guidance with son

Old 08-26-2004, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Incomer needing guidance with son

My son is in jail, found he was involved with Meth. Been in jail for 3 weeks. We choose to not let him bond out. Hoping he might clear his head alittle.He is 21, and will be going through Drug Court. I will go to a Al-ANON meeting tomorrow. He will be out soon and living with us. He is a good kid with a strong head. We live in a small rural town and most of the kids that are here are doing drugs. We are so thankful he got busted when he did. We have support of family and friends along with the good Lord. I'm scared for him and us. And hope we can help him to live a productive life. He will be on a strict probabtion period for 2 years. If he makes the 2 years, he will not have a record. Please pray for him and us. Thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Marie,
Welcome to Sober Recovery. I'm so glad you found us.
I am the mother of 2 addict sons. The youngest is a meth addict and currently in court ordered re hab for selling meth. He is almost at the end of his 6 month stay.
There are alot of moms and dads who post on the nar-anon board, and you're welcome to join us if you like.

You're not alone, we're all here with you...
Prayers coming your way.......
Old 08-26-2004, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Wecome Marie. This is outside my experience, but others will be along shortly and I know you will be welcomed in the Nar-Anon and Friends and Family of Alcoholics forums as well. Good luck for you and your son.

God bless,
Joe
Old 08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Marie,
My heart sunk when I read your post. As unfeeling as it may sound,
it's probably better that your son is being held accountable for his misdeeds. I guess you agree as you didn't bail him out. Even though he may not understand now, he's so very fortunate to have trusted family to help him. I was just wondering if he's ever had a psychological or medical evaluation. He's at a very vulnerable age when it's common to go astray for all the wrong reasons and which may be attributed to many things. And I say these things with the utmost respect for all concerned.
I pray that you'll keep a close watch on him and be alert to his mood changes. Going to jail is traumatic no matter how head strong he is...he needs love and support now more than ever and not a judgmental hand from those he trusts. The law will take care of the harsh part.
This may be a good time to have a group family/friend meeting and let everyone talk it out. There may be other family/friend members suffering from this crisis as well. It's so hard to do the right thing...my prayers are with you.
I hope you'll continue to post and read in these pages and learn something about your son's condition from all of us who have addictions ourselves and who gather here to rally each other and pull each other up from the deepest depths.
Sandy