Notices

New and need advice on cocaine using adult child!

Old 08-26-2004, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and need advice on cocaine using adult child!

This is my first time in any kind of chat room so please bear with me! Can someone tell me what to do with my son whom I believe is using coke. What do I look for and how do I approach him and how do you know if the addition is out of control? Where do I start?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

welcome to sr !

Some of the signs of using coke are weight loss . not sleeping .talking alot .hyper activity and a runny nose and constant sniffing if they are using it by snorting .It is a highly addictive substance .Have you had a look at the nar-anon forum here ? You might try posting there . Lots of kind folks who are going thru the same . Prayers to you and your son ..Trish
Old 08-26-2004, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's a link if you have trouble finding it maga: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=20

Also you might want to subscribe to the thread (topic). You can do this by clicking on Thread tools at the top right of that particular thread. Then the board will automatically send you an email when someone replies. *best wishes*
Old 08-26-2004, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Maga,
I just want to welcome you to Sober Recovery. There is alot of support and understanding here. Just know, that you are not alone.

I am the mom of 2 adult sons who are addicts. The oldests' DOC (drug of choice) is cocaine. He is currently using.

Please come over to the nar-anon board, there are lots of parents over there with the same kind of situation you are now facing.

Hugs to you.....
Old 08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Maga,

I am a mom of an addict daughter. Her drug of choice is cocaine. I never really knew when she was using, but I had an idea she was when she would have a LOT to talk about, almost like she couldn't quit talking. She had trouble sleeping when using, and now that she is in recovery, she says she would stay up all night while high on cocaine and she could drink close to a case of beer. She is 29.

Hope to see you on Nar Anon board...lots of similar situations, you are not alone.
Hugs and Love,
~*Wolfstarr~*
Old 08-27-2004, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning Wolfstarr.... thanks for the info. I am so happy to find someone that knows how I feel. My son is 32 and recently moved back home with us because of a divorce. He has been acting strange for about 2 years but since he lived 4 hours away we didn't know anything. Now I know more than I want to know! I simpy want to educate myself and get all the help I need for myself and for him. I have never felt so lonely and afraid as I do right now. I have been carrying this burden since early March by myself until today when I read your reply. Thank you so very much. Maga