Notices

2 days without...

Old 06-02-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days without...

I am day 2 drinkless after spending probably many years of abusing alcohol. Overall I feel good (compared to what I used to feel on a daily basis with regular hangovers). However, I feel tired and foggy-headed. Maybe even irritable with people as well. I was going to go for a run tonight to lift my energy and clear my head but just couldn't find the energy.

I assume this is normal. Will it go away?
Old 06-02-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done, 2 days is a great start.

As for energy, and the foggy brain, I had the same. It does go away, but it takes time.
I drank for 20 years, so I expect healing will take time.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's common to feel crummy during withdrawal. You are two days in on a process that usually lasts 3-5 days. It's normal to be tired or irritable. The brain is in overdrive, missing the alcohol's sedative effect.

Early recovery, after the physical withdrawal, can be a bumpy ride. Emotions can be all over the place.

Yes, it will get better. Give yourself more sober time. Two days is still in physical w/d. Give yourself a few weeks to feel the good of sobriety.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi TS. Yes, I had those same feelings - they all went away. We're exhausted from all we've put our bodies through. Proud of you for getting through 2 days. We all know how hard it is.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im on day 2 also. Yesterday i was so sad, hungover, depressed, coming off from a horrible drinking binge. After work I didnt feel like taking a run either because of horrible pain, weakness and tired from fueling my alcoholism...but...I decided to just say I'm going to do a run/walk. Run a little, walk a little, just get outside! I ended up running an entire 20 minutes and it really helped. So...trying thinking of just moving, walking, even that might help cheer you up?
Old 06-02-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

will try to force myself in the future....now i can't sleep cuz i have too much energy and that run probably woulda calmed me down!